Sign in to follow this  
trod

mh 1351 recieves data but does not plot

When i try to plot a file the yellow light flashes like it is getting the data but it will not plot anything.I am using the lpt port and this happens in 2 different programs,flexi and sign cut. thanks for any help :huh:

If the yellow light is flashing it is in pause mode.If it's flashing,you either have to push the offline/pause button and see if that works.It sounds like it's staying in pause mode if you have the same problems with both software programs.

the manual says that the yellow led should come on when it is getting the data ? it stays on while the data is transfered but the head does not plot.    ??

The only time I see the yellow light come on with mine is when I push the button to pause it.I have had to wait for up to 30 minutes for the flexi program to generate a job file and I have never seen any of the onboard leds flash or blink.But I am using com1.If you're on an lpt port make sure your bios settings are set for ecp.And if you are using flexisign the driver you use would be the roland pnc1000 driver.When I first set mine up,I tried using the usb port,then the lpt port,and I finally used the com port because the flexi program seemed to run better with the cutter on com1.

I experienced the same types of things. I am running the PNC 1000 driver on COM1 and it works great. I think that most of the problems with USB and LPT1 can be traced back to Windows and driver conflicts. This reminds me of legacy hardware problems with NT4 and the early XP releases. I am almost thinking that Windows looks at this driver as a legacy code and deals with it accordingly, as in not at all.