Guest TracMatt

Why do people steal?

Back when i was on probation i violated with a FTA had a warrant for about 4 years long story short went and paid my fines totaling 1800$ ( for a misdemeanor pot charge for under 2 grams)  turned myself in and the judge dropped everything they really just want the money after that they could care less

I wish i would have finished my probation though would have a clean record right now

And i hate people who steal iv'e had so many cd's stolen out of my car of music i have a good idea they wouldn't even listen to

Guest TracMatt

Well it looks as though I'm not alone in this then. And after some of those stories I don't feel so bad or as unlucky as I did this morning n this.

Jenny I used unloseit.com, honestly i'm not sure how much help they will be if it gets taken but at least I tried.  :thumbsup:

Tracee

Our corrupt government sets a bad example. All the wheeling and dealing Tom Delay did and he never went to prison.

its sad to say but most people who steal were taught to steal from either their parents.. or lack of parenting.. i dealt with a bunch of kids from the street and they would tell me its the only thing they know.. i would explain to them.. what if someone stole from you.. once they saw it in this perspective.. most would understand.. but some.. were just too lazy or arrogant and would shrug it off.. its a shame the world is ending up like this... just like bannerjohn.. i have a few firearms for the unlucky sob that tries to break in to my house.. i have a CCW and carry a glock daily.. so hopefully i never have to pull my weapon.. cause if i do.. someone is going to have a bad day

its sad to say but most people who steal were taught to steal from either their parents.. or lack of parenting.. i dealt with a bunch of kids from the street and they would tell me its the only thing they know.. i would explain to them.. what if someone stole from you.. once they saw it in this perspective.. most would understand.. but some.. were just too lazy or arrogant and would shrug it off.. its a shame the world is ending up like this... just like bannerjohn.. i have a few firearms for the unlucky sob that tries to break in to my house.. i have a CCW and carry a glock daily.. so hopefully i never have to pull my weapon.. cause if i do.. someone is going to have a bad day

If I had stolen so much as a penny bubble gum my mom would have busted my ass...and THAT is what it wrong today. If a mom does that now,she goes to jail.

I know what a switch feels like and it didn't take many switchings to teach me right from wrong. I thank my mom for that to this day.When the courts and 'advocates' leave parents alone and let them do what needs doing,things will get better.

If I had stolen so much as a penny bubble gum my mom would have busted my ass...and THAT is what it wrong today. If a mom does that now,she goes to jail.

I know what a switch feels like and it didn't take many switchings to teach me right from wrong. I thank my mom for that to this day.When the courts and 'advocates' leave parents alone and let them do what needs doing,things will get better.

dude.. i think we were raised almost the same.. i still remember to this day the first thing that i 'stole' was a baby ruth candy bar.. my dad took me to revco and i dunno why but i thought i would be slick and take one on a dare.. well.. my dad saw it.. and took me back inside.. i paid for the candy bar.. then i REALLY paid for it when i got back home.. i have never stole anything else in my life.. lesson learned.. my dad ruled us with an iron fist.. and at the time i thought my dad was one of the meanest people i knew.. but now i look back and i really understand what my dad did.. he taught us right from wrong.. and i try to give that back to all the kids that i would help.. i remember the switches.. my grandma.. she would make us go get one and if she didnt like it.. she would break that over our legs until we got a REAL switch.. and then the hurt was on.. and my mom was the worst.. i'd rather get a whippin from my dad and his belt.. because my mom would grab whatever was close.. didnt matter.. fly swatter.. shoe.. belt.. switch.. lol you name it.. so im with yah.. i believe a little tough love works wonders..

BJ... I agree with ya. I was brought up this way too. My mom could take her slipper off, and have it slam across my rear almost as fast as my dad could take his belt off, grab the ends, snap it three times, and then light me up!  :thumbsup:

One of the problems is... you have 13 year olds having children. The other problem is... the newer generation of people that have kids, are just plain as LAZY and aren't willing to take control of their children.

(not saying all parents in today's world are lazy, etc... )

dude.. i i remember the switches.. my grandma.. she would make us go get one and if she didnt like it.. she would break that over our legs until we got a REAL switch.. and then the hurt was on..

JEEZ...they must have taught that in school back in the 30's...my mom was EXACTLY the same. It was a tough choice to pick one that you KNEW would hurt.

My dear old dad would take me into my room, tell me to yell and holler,while he hit the BED with his belt. Mom never knew that he was too soft hearted to hit me. My dad was the greatest person I ever knew and I still miss him after 15 years.

gm, haha u sound like one of my siblings. hehe  of course i always got my but beat. lol not a day went by. i was bad as hell. i was a tomboy, mean, stubborn and very outspoken. umm

gm, haha u sound like one of my siblings. hehe  of course i always got my but beat. lol not a day went by. i was bad as hell. i was a tomboy, mean, stubborn and very outspoken. umm

hehe.. well i had 2 older brothers getting me in trouble.. and a younger brother and lil sister getting me in trouble.. i was in the middle getting in trouble mostly when it wasnt my fault but we stoke up for each other so when one got in trouble we all got in trouble :thumbsup:

good to see im not the only one with a granny and a switch.. still brings the memories back when i think of my grandma.. she's been gone for over 20 years.. seems like yesterday..

Guest TracMatt

I'm with you there.  I was scared to death of my Mom.  I used think my sister had some pretty big ones for the stuff she used to do cause I certainly wasn't going to do stuff right along with her.  I watched my mom bounce her head off the wall like a basketball once for throwing a plate of food at her.  That literally scared the crap out of me.  I think kids these days don't get the discipline like we used to for sure.

Tracee

Guest gracewriter

Well, I nipped the problem in the butt right away.  My two boys were stealing those little plastic caps that go on the tires of cars. when I found out I called the police and asked them to talk to my boys and "lay it on thick".  I ended up with three of them in my living room (I think they were standing in line at the station raising their hands asking "Oh, please can I take this one?!") 

They were  lecturing my kids about stealing and crime and what they do to little boys who steal and how from now on they were going to be keeping an eye out for them.  Jack was 6 and Austin 10.  The cops really enjoyed themselves, I think they wished more parents would do things like that. 

One of them had to leave the room because she couldn't stop cracking up.  On the one hand she felt bad because they looked so frightened and on the other it was just plain funny what those guys were saying.

No doubt that day they really enjoyed their job.

I still don't believe in hitting in any shape or form, but there are plenty of ways to instill fear in their hearts...couch.gif