Which of these two operating systems do you use??   

14 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these two operating systems do you use??

• Windows XP
    • Windows Vista

I have spent the last month cleaning crap out, turning things off, deleting files and folders and searching for ways to do things easier - VISTA is a pile of crap, but it can work if you play with it enough.

Inside information - Microsoft is having so many problems with Vista because the guys that originally designed Vista left Microsoft just after it's release - and took all their inside knowledge of the software with them. 

If you have a machine that runs fine with XP...by the time you pay for the Vista Upgrade and the EXTRA RAM that you're gonna need...you might as well just buy a new computer. That's my 2p worth.

AMEN John -- the only reason I am using VISTA is I needed a laptop upgrade. The old laptop was too slow with only 512MB RAM -- upgraded to a 2GB processor and 4GB RAM - now I can open more then one program at a time and still get work done!

By all means if you can stick with XP -- DO IT!!!!

I was in the same boat as you SmallSigns. My HP laptop was 6 years old, with 256 RAM!!!

Upgraded to a Dell with an AMD dual core 2.0 ghz processor with 2 gig RAM, built-in G wireless, bluetooth, Vista Home Premium for under $500 shipped!

I heard on a podcast that IF you buy a Sony Viao with Vista BUSINESS installed,it also comes with the full set of XO PRO CDs just in case. Wonder why? :thumbsup:

I heard on a podcast that IF you buy a Sony Viao with Vista BUSINESS installed,it also comes with the full set of XO PRO CDs just in case. Wonder why? :thumbsup:

yah i said that earlier.. if you get vista business.. most manufacturers will give you xp pro install discs.. some wont unless you ask..

try to get it with winxp or see if they offer a winxp downgrade discs.. because most manufacturers such as dell or HP.. if you custom order it.. if you get vista business.. you usually get a winxp install discs as well.. if you ask...

also.. the poll.. i use both vista ultimate at home.. vista business at work.. and winxp on both machines (both are dual boot) so should of been another selection.. both ;D