Sign in to follow this  
Bogie

Hi, folks... Such a deal!

To make a short story longer...

Coupla weeks ago, I basically finalized the business plan for a small niche communications/printing company. Then I talked to my brother, and he's talked me into some sign stuff...

So...

Things are getting interesting...

This week:

Epson 9800 (photo quality - original plan...)

Mutoh Junior vinyl printer

Roland GX-300 36" cutter

and...

a few minutes ago...

A 25" one from Selltopia.

Now, I've got a LOT of experience with using the Epson-type printer - My last job I went from HP to Encad to Epson over the years. But the cutter thing is pretty new to me. I'm sure I'm going to be asking LOTS of stupid questions...

One possibly interesting venue I've got is a large weekend flea market that runs a couple of miles from my house - I'm probably going to see just how well the US Cutters dealie travels... Could be kinda fun, and it isn't like I have to spend gas money to get to it. I figure that both it and my laptop will run off my camper's battery bank.

Has anyone put together a "you gotta have this" list of stuff? I know I'm going to need some pointy tweezers, etc., but I'm basically new to the world of vinyl...

Guest fivestar

Hi Bogie and welcome to the forums.  First off congrats on your purchase and second off you'll need of course vinyl and transfer tape the transfer the vinyl to the substrate.  Exacto knife, squegees, scissors, straight edge is nice to have too, I recommend a pick tool too.