dieselhog

Pcut 630 USB problem running Vista

This thing is beating me down.  I have a new Dell computer with no Serial port, thus I am forced to use the USB.  I loaded SignBlazer, plugged up the USB cable to a port on the back of the machine (no hubs), I loaded the USB Driver from the blue disk, went to device manager, the usb com port said Port_#0004.Hub_#0001 on the USB Serial convertor tab, the Com port is set to COM4.  Went to the cut setup tab in signblazer and set the com port to COM 4 which now says Blazer COM4 -USB Serial Port. I click cut and cut tile and it gives Cannot open the output device error initializing file

I have tried a different cable, different ports, renaming ports, unpluging replugging uninstalling and reinstalling drivers.  Baud rate is 9600 on machine and software.  all I can cut is a small rectangle using the pause button with the unit offline.

Ok computer wizards, somebody make me look stupid! it has to be a simple mistake, but I cannot see it

Thanks for your help

I have the same machine basically, with laptop running vista and i havent had any issues let me ck the settings i have and ill get back to you

Does the cutter say Online when you tell it to cut? Is the carriage pressing one of the red "kill" buttons?

My laptop crashed but i finally got it back up and running today, Ill ck everything when i get home and post my settings

in ur cutter setup, right under the dropdown box showing ur cutter name there r two options:

direct cut and cut manager. make sure direct cut is selected not cut manager.

hope this helps.

Update:

Problem solved, uninstalled SB software and drivers, deleted folders, reinstalled and made 2 decals - SWEEEEEEEET.  Only issue now is the blade holder, to adjust it like the forum article shows, the threaded barrell is about to fall off, and the holder cannot be pushed all the way down in the carriage, I must be missing something, or the blade shanks are to long.  Thanks to all for the help

Update:

Problem solved, uninstalled SB software and drivers, deleted folders, reinstalled and made 2 decals - SWEEEEEEEET.  Only issue now is the blade holder, to adjust it like the forum article shows, the threaded barrell is about to fall off, and the holder cannot be pushed all the way down in the carriage, I must be missing something, or the blade shanks are to long.  Thanks to all for the help

Turn the end cap until it makes good contact with the little rubber O ring, and thus keeping it from rattling loose. If the blade is still sticking out too far, maybe press it down on the table a bit to make sure the blade is in all the way.