Sign in to follow this  
Daniel T

Trailer panels

I would be interested in knowing how anyone else handles the following problem..

what is the proper technique for applying vinyl graphics across overlapping trailer panels?

These panels are  four feet wide and the overlap is screwed and glued.

i will be using graphics with large areas as well as horizontal pinstriping and i'm not sure how to make the install across the panel seam.

thanks for your feed back,  daniel t

I have read that many have experienced a lot of trouble installing vinyl over and in the channels of block out windows, especially on Sprinter Vans. Even with using Primer 94, it has been shown to be difficult for vinyl to adhere. Some customers have solved this problem by installing blank magnetic vinyl over the entire surface, covering the channels of blocked out windows. The vinyl is then installed over the magnetic vinyl. The magnetic gives a more even surface for the vinyl, which makes for easier installation. Not sure if this would work for the trailer panels as well, but thought I would throw the idea out there.

Thanks, Kenimes for the additional thoughts on trailer panel installs. looks like i need to spend some time practicing in the junk yard.  daniel t.