cloud9

CTN 630 COMPUTER CANNOT FIND CUTTER

I have had this thing in a box for a year and finally found the time to hook it up.  I went throught the installation process.  Sign blazer comes up.  I can open it up. I can play with it.  What I cannot do is get my Hewit Packard laptop running windows xp to find the cutter. The cutter came with a regular USB printer cable.  When I plug it into the computer I get a tone that the port has been plugged into.  I get a pop up that says new hardware found, but when I go to my computer no cutter is showing.  Anybody got any ideas? :P

I have had this thing in a box for a year and finally found the time to hook it up.  I went throught the installation process.  Sign blazer comes up.  I can open it up. I can play with it.  What I cannot do is get my Hewit Packard laptop running windows xp to find the cutter. The cutter came with a regular USB printer cable.  When I plug it into the computer I get a tone that the port has been plugged into.  I get a pop up that says new hardware found, but when I go to my computer no cutter is showing.  Anybody got any ideas? :P

did u go into the cutter setup on signblazer and set ur com port? u need to do this first.

Most plotters do not show up like a printer, scanner, or hardware. In the software you set up what machine you have. When it pops up new hardware it usually installing the usb to com setup.

Go to control panel and click on system

Click on Hardware tab

then click on device manager

then click on ports(com and LPT)

This will tell if you plotter is connected

You can change your com port # if need here as well

post-2822-12986522338183_thumb.jpg

post-2822-12986522365833_thumb.jpg