Paintslinger

What to use?

As you can tell im new to this.I just got my cutter the other day and ordered some vinyl off of e-bay.They said it was made by (LG chem) and was a 6 year intermediate vinyl. It seems to do good from what I can tell. Anyway the question really is ,is there any certain kind of vinyls for different applications? Can I use this stuff for banners, and window decals? And what can I use for t-shirts? I am a airbrush artist and thought I would try out the vinyl decals while im set up at shows. I was just wondering all the different vinyls and there applications. If someone could just name them off it would be great.Thanks alot

I've been using LG for quite awhile for banners and coroplast signs. It is good vinyl,never had a problem with it. T-shorts,etc is not my area. Maybe someone else can advise on that.

If you bought the vinyl from Jack Ripper on ebay...they are great to deal with and customer service is awesome. I also get my application tape from them.

Guest fivestar

For t-shirts I use thermoflex plus and spectra cut II.  The thermoflex I get from my local distributor and the spectra cut can be gotten from here http://www.imprintables.com/

I will tell you the thermoflex works better then spectra cut II but spectra cut II comes in 20 inch rolls and thermoflex in 15 and spectra's 20 is cheaper then thermoflex 15.  Spectra is having issues with their white so be careful using that.  I can get it to work but it needs alot of playing around with.

I used LG Chem with absolutlely no luck... I dont know if the stuff that I got was old or what was going on...  When I weeded it, it seemed to have no strechy-ness to it at all... Very firm stuff... The worst part is I did some vehicle magnets with it and a banner, and they all came back in less then a month because the vinyl was cracking and peeling off... Therefore, I immedietly stopped using LG Chem and went with other brands.

My prefrences is GlossTech5, FDC, and Avery films

The most hated for me is LG Chem and MacTac.