Guest TracMatt

How do I turn into a graphic?

Guest TracMatt

I have a guy that wants his car as part of his logo it is here:

http://www.winksbodyshop.com/images/IM000629.JPG

I have inkscape, is there a way to do this?  This would be for t-shirts mostly.  I have no clue how to make this pic a graphic art, so any help at all would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tracee :thumbsup:

There is a way but I think you need to take it into photoshop. I can give it a go when I get home later today.

Here is my shot at it. It may need (lots of) cleaning up.

What I did:

Cropped just the car with the Lasso tool

Applied the stamp filter and adjusted settings

Saved as a .jpg

Imported to SB and vectorized

comet.EPS

I could draw it, but it will be next week. Im on vacation and I dont have my work computer with me.

I wont be home til nex Monday

JC

Guest TracMatt

Hey thanks guys a lot!  I will give a look at that one Jay.

Tracee

What are the steps you took to create that? That looks really clean.

Guest TracMatt

Yeah really please do tell and thank you so much!  That is really good.

Tracee :thumbsup:

Guest TracMatt

I have a question on this.  When I open it up into signblazer the lines are really thin, will the cutter cut thin lines?  Just curious if anyone knows how it would cut?

Thanks,

Tracee

Guest TracMatt

Thanks Wild I opened it in Corel also and changed the thickness but then I didn't know what to do with it LOL.  I took it into inkscape three different ways .emf, .wmf and .ai none of them seemed to open up nicely in inkscape.  What am I doing wrong here?  I have to eventually learn to do this myself but I'm just not getting it.  It has taken me 6 years to learn to digitize an embroidery design nicely, I hope this isn't a repeat of that  :thumbsup:.

Tracee

Guest TracMatt

And it's great thanks! No clean up needed.

Tracee

I didn't realize you were going to cut it out. I thought it was going to be a print. When working with something with alot of line for cutting I do my graphic different.

You can see in this version its looks more full and easier to weed. Hope this will work better for ya.

To do this:

I will increase the size and make the lines thicker.

Making it bigger will help in getting the lines the right thickness with out being to thick and not bleed together.

I covert stroke to lines.

I weld all the lines together.

I add a red square behind the line art.

I do a separate weld.

Then I delete the black lines.

This leaves the solids.

Hope this will help in giving you more mass to your images.

post-2822-12986522234877_thumb.jpg

car.eps

post-2822-12986522235585_thumb.jpg

post-2822-12986522244844_thumb.jpg

car.eps

post-2822-12986522245044_thumb.jpg

Guest TracMatt

Okay thanks I get what you are saying.  You have apparently been at this for much longer than I  :thumbsup:.

I'm still learning here.  Slowly but I will get it eventually.

Again thanks to all that helped me out I really do appreciate it and if I can help you out in anyway please let me know.

Tracee

Guest TracMatt

Okay I just reread all that and looked at the pictures.  I get what you did, but don't know how you figured all that out  :thumbsup:!

And it is a sweet ride!

Thanks again,

Tracee

Okay I just reread all that and looked at the pictures.  I get what you did, but don't know how you figured all that out  :thumbsup:!

And it is a sweet ride!

Thanks again,

Tracee

Been doing signs and graphics since 1994, I have seen a lot of people on here using and sharing art I made back in the days.

Been doing signs and graphics since 1994, I have seen a lot of people on here using and sharing art I made back in the days.

OOoopppsss...... Sorry about that.....  :thumbsup: LOL

So do you have a pretty big library of mortalimmortal originals?

LOL its all good. I have around or over a trilobite of stuff some copy right free and a lot thats not. People can make good money just vectoring.

The key to doing anything is practice practice practice. Know your software inside and out, and remember your never to old to learn new tricks.

Guest TracMatt

So do you have SBE?  If so do you use it?  I'm just curious what you think of it?  It looks like you have a lot of other software.  I'm pretty good with the digitizing of embroidery because I have some of the best software.  I think cutting is going to be a new challenge for me and I'm not so sure I want to get into all that again honestly.  I have corel an SBE and inkscape is there anything else I need to invest in other than lessons  :thumbsup: ?

Thanks,

Tracee

Guest fivestar

Tracee I tried SBE and hated it.  :thumbsup: But if you have Corel Draw then use it for all your design work, then export it as a .eps file and import it into SBE to cut.

I agree with fivestar's comment.

You only need one graphic program Corel or Illustrator. Since you have Corel use it and only it. I tried SBE and hate it. I find Signcut to bettter still no a fan of it yet either, but need it for contour cutting for the laser point. Till CADlink or someone comes up with the true driver for the LP in flexisign I'm stuck using one or the other.