How did everyone get started in this business? Did you actively go out and solicite people or did you just do some stuff and let it start coming in? I have been thinking of different ways to get more business and would love to hear stories and recommendations!!

LOL!  :lol:

Troy why dont you make yourself a pair of Magnetic Signs? Thats mobile advertising. Many people will see you.

I did one banner 3 years ago for a friend. Now I think it's about 1500  and counting.Word gets out.

Word of mouth, and decals on the rear window of my truck. My fiancee' wants me to dump a couple of bills to have someone design a website, but I'm not so sure about that. I think having good functional website is important, and helps with the professional image... but does it really help that much to spend a few hundred dollars on?

Word of mouth, and decals on the rear window of my truck. My fiancee' wants me to dump a couple of bills to have someone design a website, but I'm not so sure about that. I think having good functional website is important, and helps with the professional image... but does it really help that much to spend a few hundred dollars on?

find a free designer site,play with it yourself til you get it like you want it.$200 is a lot of money for something you might not even like...only YOU know what is in your head.

Well.... here's how we advertise...

ONE free design per street.

Friends vehicles have my ads all over them..

My cars have either magnetics or lettering on them BIG.

Friends/Family pushing my services w/business cards.

Website ( I do websites :lol:

Word of Mouth from B2B

That's all I do, we pull in around $2,500 a month with NO Advertising really..

when you say one free design per street, what exactly does that mean.

Do you go through the neighborhood and offer first come "free" graphics?

just find a GOOD business in a GOOD location and do it 'at cost' to them.. naturally a slight mark-up or to cover a roll.. etc.. and my 'at-cost' price per roll is $240.. I dont end up doing it free.. but just barely make anything off of it.. then market to the rest of their neighbors once I am done.. 'so yeah I did XXXX right next door'

It ends up being an investment of sorts.. plus builds your inventory at the same time!! so it works for me!