gm2k8

what do you do for a living?

I work at a Mobile Electronics shop selling and installing radios, speakers, amps and such. Here are a few pics of a Full-Size Extended Cab GMC truck I built recently...

DSC00092-1.jpg

DSC00088.jpg

DSC00091.jpg

I am working on putting together a demo vehicle for our shop, its a 56 Chevy two-door wagon I have pics of it at home...

Guest sciondrgn

I'm a network Engineer/Planner for a phone company

Jack of all trades, master of none...

I will do just about anything anyone is willing to pay me for (legally) ... websites (hosting, design, managing, domains, etc.), PC/laptop repair, small business networks, home networks, chauffeur, mover (there are always a lot of family and friends moving - what's up with that?), dog watcher, dog walker, lots of help desk (hardware and software), IT consultant, audio/video technician, home theatre system installer, survey/focus group participant, HR consultant, Workers' Comp consultant, CAD drafter, babysitter (although I have to do that job for free), etc. But by far the best job is being the doggie cuddler.

I'm a student of life and want to jam as much useful and more useless knowledge I can possibly fit into my little brain.

Man, All you guys have the kool jobs... Or at least the better paid ones!

For I, struggle with making an average wage as a laborer on a sweet potato farm.. And NOooooo, it is not the glamorous life as allot seem to think working out doors!!

(it dose provide an awesome back drop of the mountains (Mt Warning) in the mornings tho.)

Auto/Bike Airbrushing is what I'm aiming for, But Aust is a small country (in population) and the need for Airbrushing is even smaller. So I've seaked other sources of income to help... And Hear I am. which helps two fold, As I've always been Artistic and Vinyl will open new sources of artistic expression.

revamping an old but interesting thread,

I am a customer service rep at StylinTrucks.com (Formally Stylin' Concepts) and AllBikeSuperShop.com

On the side, me and my buddy are starting a business called 3am customs, which is vinyl of course, fabrication, and powdercoating.

I'm primarily a student, wrapping up my final year at school

I also screen print posters and pick up a few too many freelance graphic design gigs.

Lots of all nighters, lots of meetings, but it is currently paying my bills and student loans.

I do all types of building,electrical and plumbing repairs in my Handyman service plus subcontract sign erections of all types from installing a aluminum 0.40 sign flat on a wall to lit signs 30 or 40 feet high as well as repairing and serviceing lit signs, plastic letters, channel letters and vinyl work that I sell. I do not actively try to sell my services doing vinyl as I install for sign companys and do not want to compete against them(may piss them off) and I do several thousand in installs and would like to keep that. And I only sell signs banners and window lettering  also sign faces on lit signs as i do not have time to do small decals.

Dan

i'm a nyc corrections officer full time.

You poor soul, I will pray for you :'( :( :(

I am a Maintenance tech for Land O Lakes Purina feeds(yes the butter people,but animal feed)here in Nashville,TN starting the vinyl and T-shirt gig on the side.Lots of big time props to all the service people on this thread.

We make CNC Plasma tables and routers.  We had a production sign shop years ago and still do it as a side line just because we have the equipment.  Probably going to stop doing vinyl and just do plasma cut and routed signs to fill in when the shop is slow.

SignMaker

I am second shift production manager at a large full service sign-shop. Design-Prepress-EcoSol Printer-Flatbed UV Printer-Graphtec Plotter-Gerber CNC-Vision Engraver-Large Paintbooth-Full ScreenPrint Shop-Woodshop-And Metal Fabrication. I have a skeleton crew right now and am actually looking for a good vinyl applicator. Im in Riverside Ca, if anyone is out there looking for a job, Hit me Up!

I also run side jobs from home with my 24" and heatpress. I just picked up a T-jet DTG printer that Im looking to get refurbed if you know anyone...