gm2k8

what do you do for a living?

well i would love to say that i do vinyl for a living but i do not.. i do however work in the computer field and have done so since 1987.. i have been into graphic design since 1994 and worked for some local comic artists for help with computer 3d design, logo design, posters and lettering.. i now slowed down and opened a small computer repair business and am loving it once again being self employed.. i wanted to get back into t-shirts and possibly vinyl stickers to keep me busy when it is slow.. :lol:

Dave

Professional firefighter since 1999. Promoted to operator in 2005, so when I drive a $750,000 ladder truck that weighs 66,000lbs.

I also work at a local college as an instructor for the fire academy.

let me be the first to say.. thank you for your service... you guys are not given enough props..

firemalt, i knew u were a firemen, but an instructor too.

kudos to u.

i totally agree with gm about the props u guys never receive, i have a nephew who's a fireman and emt and a brother in law who's a cop

and sometimes i feel so sorry for them.

I bake muffins & goodies for the fire department family (the fire station) near my house.

Full-time I work for a construction company that actually was a part of the building of that fire station. 

But yes, I'm in construction as my "real job." 

Guest fivestar

I own and operate a computer repair/vinyl graphics business.  Also own a flower shop with my wife.

I totally agree with evveryone that there is not enough "THANKS & SUPPORT" for fire, police, & emt folks.

I'm semi-retired.  Was computer systems engineer & manager and now starting new sign business (while doing some real estate).

Regis   

i do paper printing such as business stationary , invitations for all occasions, wedding and funeral programs, flyers, t shirts, and just started the vinyl cutting in feb.

I make signs.

I rode on a fire truck when I was 10 and hey let me ring the bell. Do you still have bells,FM?

I do CAD/CAM Computer support for an Aerospace Company.

Im a graphic artist/press operator @ a print shop during the day.

At night I work at home doing more graphic arts and vinyl decals and shirts.

I am also a Karaoke Assasinator.

Joe

hey fivestar, i own a flower shop with my family also, we have a tuxedo rental and engraving and embroidery business connected to it. compliments all.

to boot, i also own with my wife a real estate company. so im pretty diverse. i bought the vinyl cutter mainly for real estate, but im able to use alot of graphics for engraving also

thanks, joe

Guest kenya

Thanks firemalt for all you do !!!!

My husband & I have owned an aluminum & glass business since 1984.

We had a few calls for store front lettering, so I found this site.

Love the vinyl business. Not near as hard installing compared to the mirrors, shower doors and commercial & residental glass work. Not to mention the aluminum screen rooms & pool enclosures we build. It's too hot here in Florida. Now the rain has set in, but this gives me time to use my cutter & learn more about it.  :lol:

Im a full time sign man... my woman helps me too... schweet!

Im a full time sign man... my woman helps me too... schweet!

sweet.. all in the family.. :lol:

Architectural Signage for 9 years, project manager on hospitals, universities, Burbank fire stations, Los Angeles police stations (anything for a man in uniform), and other construction. Was laid off last February and looking for work.

When I worked at the chamber eons ago we started a police officer appreciation day, and at any of our groups events we invite any and all police officers and fireme (women) to come and have lunch on us....

EMT (paid)  Fire Chief for my Vol Fire Co. Also an Instructor for the State Fire Academy, other side jobs ....DJ, burn building operator for the local county fire training grounds, airbrush temporary tattoos at fairs and parties and now signs and t-shirts!.................Sleep is for the weak!

I love firefighters, especially when they do their daily jog by my house shirtless!  :thumbsup:

I work for the hub's construction company, answering phones and all the paperwork.

I am also about to be the secretary for hub's uncle's electric business, doing the same for him.

I am also working on starting my own sign business, either in home or at the shop we own across town.

And I am also SAHM to 3 kids.

Thank goodness for Red Bull!  ;D

Amber

My real job is a corrections officer at the county jail.

I am also a vol. firefighter, first-responder, haz-mat tech for the county.

And on the side, I sell and install emergency vehicle lights and equip., and also doing the vinyl thang.

I shape the WORLD one bucket at a time .......Heavy equipment operator (usually over 80,000 lbs) .....was at one time active with ems, rescue & fire, but now only admire the dedication of those still involved.

Guest crshirts

I program 4 lasers for a manufacturing company and do t-shirts on side. Hope it will be more in the future.

Carl

I am an Un-Employed College Instructor that teaches Drawing, Life Drawing, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Quark.  I also have an Airbrush company that specializes in RC Painting as well as an RC Mobile track that i provide RC Racing 3 times a month.  I occasionally get really cool Graphics gigs when i freelance, but this time, im learning a new trade to further educate myself so here i am!

I work in the Coal Mines as a Computer Engineer - I look after the networks, desktops, servers, control systems, PLCs and any stupid ideas they come up with  :P  Which is alot really.