CyberSultan

New owner of a Sunie Heat Press

hi CyberSultan,

i too am thinking about buying 1 of these sunie press's.

their descprition says "built in fuse", what do they mean? i asked them but they havent got back to me?

my current press has a replacable fuse and it melted and cought fire the other day :) (not a sunie machine), i googled this and it looks like sunie had this problem before too, people were saying they (sunie) were sending the wrong fuses w/ machine and machine was over heating.. so check and make sure your fuse is correct.

anyways, just wondering how you like it over all and if they ever got back to you about your question of it being dirty? just wondering if they are giving good customer service when questions are asked.  does it seem to be sturdy? and how many shirts have you pressed at one time and did the machine appear to keep its heat temperature even throughout your pressing?

thanks!

hi CyberSultan,

i too am thinking about buying 1 of these sunie press's.

their descprition says "built in fuse", what do they mean? i asked them but they havent got back to me?

my current press has a replacable fuse and it melted and cought fire the other day :thumbsup: (not a sunie machine), i googled this and it looks like sunie had this problem before too, people were saying they (sunie) were sending the wrong fuses w/ machine and machine was over heating.. so check and make sure your fuse is correct.

anyways, just wondering how you like it over all and if they ever got back to you about your question of it being dirty? just wondering if they are giving good customer service when questions are asked.  does it seem to be sturdy? and how many shirts have you pressed at one time and did the machine appear to keep its heat temperature even throughout your pressing?

thanks!

I really like my Sunie.  The fuse that came with it is working just fine.  If it ever needs to be replaced, the back panel of the press can be removed to access the fuse.  When I asked them about the press being a dirty (very dusty), they responded very quickly and said they always test the presses before shipping them out and that my press was brand-new.  So it may have been out of the box for a bit before they packed it back up for shipping.  Once I wiped it all down, it looks shiny-new.  As for how many shirts I have pressed on it at one time...I'm just finishing a job of 230 sweatshirts on it.  The temperature is even throughout the entire platen.  It comes with a digital timer and temperature setting which I really like.  :)

Hi

I also just bought a Sunie press, which I picked up directly from them (I was in the neighborhood).

I am a bit baffled with the temperature setting. Say I set it for 350F. It starts to warm up but when it its 350F, but it seems to just carry on higher and higher.  I sort of expected it to stop at 350F for an indefinate period of time.  It appears that if I press as it its 350F it will stay there for the duration of the press and after I open it up, it climbs up again.

One other thing is that when I check the temperature with an IR thermometer it seems to be higher than the display by about 20-30F.  Than again the thermometer is from Harbor Freight so it may not be all that accurate.

Thanks

Tony

Guest fivestar

Sounds like the thermostat is functioning improperly.  It should stop at 350F.  As for the temps being higher, simply check your IR thermometer by aiming it at your thermostat in your house and see how close it is to what the thermostat reads.

Thanks for your reply.  I guess that I was not patient enough with it.  It looks like that if I wait long enough the temperature with say a setting of 350 will go up to about 355 and than starts to come down to about 346 and than it goes up again. Everytime it goes across the pre set 350 the "out" LED goes on/off depending which way it is going and I can hear it "click" .

Tony

Guest sciondrgn

I was ready to buy my heat press and it looks like there not on sale anymore.. There back up to 299 + sshipping  :huh: