CyberSultan

New owner of a Sunie Heat Press

So tonight I pulled the trigger and bought one.  Can't wait 'til it gets here!  :lol:

Quick question:  Is it worth it to get the teflon sheets?  If so, how many do you need to press with?  Just one...or would you use two?

cyber , cyber , cyber , yes don't be cheapo please get a teflon sheet. i have them but don't always use them. but baby when working with those light tees ur gonna wish u had one.

Guest fivestar

I have 2.  You can actually get 1 big one and cut it in half if you get a big enough one.  

i had two that was wearing out. i got two off of ebay for 18.00 shipped they r huge i think 18x18 or larger.

So two is what I need or do you only use one at a time when pressing?  Total noob here for heat press.  Thanks for the help. :lol:

Guest fivestar

Most of the time it will only be one, if any.  But if you're doing say a baby onsie then I lay one on bottom and put one on top so it protects the bottom platen mat too.  I know the top one will protect it but I always use 2 in that case.

u only need one at a time. i have a bad habit of slinging those bad babies while i'm doing qty orders and hell i sling one and just pull one. hehe they can get a little hot.

Guest fivestar

Upper platen gets a little hot too.  I accidently touched my nose across mine once.  It left a mark, I looked funnier then hell.  Well I already look funny, but I really looked funny then.

Sheila the reason I use 2 in that case is I normally don't use one on top, I lay the one on bottom and put the onsie down and press the vinyl onto it, then if I re-press then I'll use the top one.  But when I am doing a big quanity I normally just press, peel, sling onsie and grab another.

BTW, those hats I asked you about doing, they sold them all and reordered another 150 today.  I've already got my press paid for I just bought from mrdavid and haven't even pressed a hat with it yet.  :lol:

see. i told u. those hats r money makers. u outta make a couple with ur indian stuff on it. put the indian in the front on oneside put the first part of school name and other side put other part of school name. such as caldwell one side/high school other side. then across the back right aabove the opening make arched text saying. is it in u. do u get it. or order a couple of visors. just some ideas.

Guest fivestar

lol..........You'll find out what onsies are when you have kids.  They are one piece underwear for babies.

Guest fivestar

Sheila that's a great idea, but honestly I don't want to compete with the customer who are purchasing all these hats.  I am content to selling wholesale to them, btw someone from their group is coming by tomorrow to look at my shirt design.  I think it will sell.  :lol:

Guest fivestar

Yes go look at my thread I posted.  I did a vinyl one yesterday so I could show the customer.  I thought you posted in that thread yesterday.

five, u shouldn't have to go to those extremes. firemalt know what a onesie is. he's just kidding i hope. :lol:

Yes, I know what a onsie is, sorry... I was having a brain-fart when I posted that.  :-

My heat press arrived today (Sunie Seiki HP4801)!  :P  I had to clean it up a bit (it was pretty dusty...and the lower platen pad was dirty), so it must have been a return (funny how they can say they are shipping new).  I've emailed Sunie about that.  In any case, it appears to be in good condition and I'm excited to get going on it.  I won't have heat press material for another couple days...so as soon as that comes...I will be able to fully test the machine out.

I figure this is my first step to getting a digital Mighty Press 16x20.  Once I complete an upcoming job, which hopefully should not only pay for this press but be enough to get a Mighty Press, then this one will make a good second machine (to help on larger jobs and serve as a backup).  Here are some pics:

post-2310-12986522402946_thumb.jpg

post-2310-12986522403192_thumb.jpg

post-2310-12986522415908_thumb.jpg

post-2310-12986522416027_thumb.jpg

Cyber - I wondered how you like the Sunie so far?  I notice it looks like it is built a lot like the Mightypress.

It actually works very well.  IMO, a great starter press.  I am going to be saving up for a Hotronix press (16x20) as a primary, but this will remain as a secondary press I will use for larger jobs...as well as a backup if anything happens with the Hotronix.

When the heat press arrived, it was fairly dusty/dirty.  But after wiping it down, it was in good condition.  The pad was not secured down well at all, but easily fixed with some glue.  For less than $300 delivered to my door, not a bad deal at all.  :thumbsup: