BassinWizard

Hello everyone!!

Hello everybody. My name is Doug and I'm a Newbie to this forum and to the Vinyl Cutting World.  ;D

I purchased a PCUT a couple of weeks ago after researching various cutters from USCutter and other manufacturers. I went with the USCutter brand because of price and from what I have been reading on this forum. I'm sure all cutters have an issue every now and then, but it seems like the support on this forum is very good and reliable. I'm still having a few issues with mine but it's all operator error right now and learning how to use the cutter and the software. I have learned alot just by reading on here since the other newbies are asking the same questions that I have. I will do my best to try not ask repeat questions that others have already asked, but sometimes that's hard to do since there are sooo many pages of threads.

I mainly bought the cutter for a hobby. My family and friends all ride ATV's and we're all the time buying stickers, decals and graphics so I said that I'll buy one for myself and hook my buddies up! I may sell some decals/stickers later on but it's not my primary use of the cutter right now.

Anyway, sorry for such a long introduction post. I'm very excited and looking forward to learning new things and talking to new people.

Thanks.

Let me be the first to welcome you to the forum! (no choice) ;D

I am a newbie here myself and I ahve to say the people here are wonderful and full of information!! Don't forget to visit the "What does your name mean?" thread and the "Post a pic" thread...

Welcome to the forum! It is good to have you here. Psot some pics of your work, we love to see pictures.

Good luck!

Welcome Doug!  Eventually I know you will agree with me when I say ; I have never found a more perfect place for help/instructions/downloads/ and just general friendly conversation in relation to something we all have a common interest in!!  I'm sure you will be just as hooked as we all are and don't be afraid to ask anything!!

I'm already hooked!! I love learning something new. I'm a Maint. Dept. Tech. at JVC Disc America, and have been for close to 17 years. I've worked in every department at the plant and the only time I have the opportunity to learn something new is when we install new equipment. Then I'm like a kid in the candy store!!  ;D So, this new hobby is very exciting to me and I hope I can learn alot by trial and error and by you helpful people on this forum. To me, trial and error is the best way to learn. Well, next to reading and following instructions. :)  So far, I've only cut single color/layer designs with the PCUT. I would like to get to multi-layers/colors and creating my own designs eventually, but I know it will take time.