Sign in to follow this  
stormy

First Storefront and Lighted Sign

My first time for both of these. Unfortunately it's for my mom's store so she's gettin it done CHEAP. Made a few mistakes here and there but it's not too bad. Only thing I had a problem with doing dry was the door logo.

post-685-12986522062074_thumb.jpg

post-685-12986522064848_thumb.jpg

post-685-12986522080071_thumb.jpg

post-685-12986522082266_thumb.jpg

Haha, hush.

Oh, and by the way I still have about 8-9 yards on each roll if anyone wants some.

looks good.  i dont know if its just the pic but the window fronts look a little dark to read.  maybe outline them in white would make them really pop?

Looks Good!!!  I used the same font on a job I did not to long ago... ladies seem to like that font.

How hard is it to do a lighted sign.  I have always wanted to try one, but it intimidates me.

Keep up the good work!!

The lighted sign wasnt bad really. Laying vinyl was a little tough with the 2x8 sheet by myself. I saved a ton of money going with break down kit vs the wired and welded. Took about 30 mins to cut/weed, 30 mins to lay the vinyl, and about an hour putting the extrusion together. We had to have it professionally installed on the building to comply with building codes....I dont have an electricians license.

I think the picture may make it seem that way a little, FatDad. I'll check it out again when I'm over there next.

Great job Stormy.  And cool colors choices... they pop! I like when I see something different than the normal colors.  It makes it stand out.

Nice work! Hope it gets you more work.

Thanks guys. I used Oracal 651 on the windows and 8500 for the sign.

Looks great! I love the Curlz font, too. It really is a chick thing.

Hope you've looked up plenty of stuff to sell in your mom's shop. Parents LOVE decorating their kids' bedroom walls. I'm finishing some up right now.

BTW: where is your Mom's store located? And has she hooked up with NARTS or TGTBT yet? If not, email me. She NEEDS both of these groups more than she can possibly know.

thats great you have one down now take pics make a portfolio and go look for businesses that need electric type signage and upsell them.  did the shop that installed it give you an in the trade price to install it?  if not ask them if they will in the future. if you start selling more jobs and they are your prefered installer they should give you a price that you can mark up and still be competitive with other shops providing this service.

they win, more work for them, you win you make money on the mark up for the cabinet and your work plus some mark up on the installation cost.