Sign in to follow this  
Ride.The.Rockies

Having trouble getting my cutter to work.

I just purchased a Refine MH 721, it showed up today and I put everything together but I can't get it to talk to my computer.

I first tried the USB cable so I installed the USB drivers that came on the small disk and then I installed SignCut-X2 and went in and set the com port and baud rate to 4800 and tried to calibrate the cutter and nothing happened.  I then went to sc-x2.com and downloaded the latest drivers and still not luck. 

I turned everything off disconnected the USB cable and hooked up the printer cable that came with the cutter, turned everything back on and went back into SignCut and changed the port from the com port to LPT1 and tried send a test to the cutter with no luck.  I uninstalled all the local printers I had installed and went in the BIOS and made sure the LPT1 port was set to ECP and tired it again with no luck.

I powered everything off again and plugged in the 9 pin serial cable that came with the cutter into com1 on my computer and to the cutter went back into SignCut and reconfigured for com1 and still no luck.

When I press the "Test" the cutter does run a test cut a little design on the right side and the red light is on by the "Reset"

Does anyone have any suggestions what I can do next? :( :( :)

Thanks.

Guest fivestar

I am not familiar with signcut but my flexi baud rate is 9600 as is the plotter when I go into setup on the plotter.  Try baud rate 9600 and see if that helps.

with mine, the baud rate didn't seem to matter,as long as both matched in the software and cutter....but on USB I had to set mine to com port 5 before it would work. Try playing around with the com ports.I never could get it working with printer or serial cable.