Sign in to follow this  
theragingbuffalo

Red Reset light stays on

Hello,

I have a MH-721 Cutter, I am running sign cut x2 with windows vista and a usb connection on my lap top.  I will eventually be running the cutter on a desktop with XP, but for the time being it will be with my laptop.

I have followed the directions to install my driver, but the red reset light comes on everytime a turn the cutter on.  I have not been able to get the computer to connect with the cutter yet.  Any input on why this light is remaining on, and what I need to do to get the cmputer and cutter to connect would be helpful.

Thank you,

Joe

The red reset light is the only light that should always be on.

Which COM port has your USB been assigned by Windows? Have you verified this in the Device manager?

Hey kenimes,

I am going to set the cutter up on my desk top on saturday,  this will be the computer I will regularly be using.  I will install the drivers and hopefully get it going.  I will post if I need help or if I am in business.

Thanks,

Joe

Ok,  Everything is installed on the computer i will be using.  It is windows XP with a usb connection.  Everthing seemed to install correctly and the computer reconezes the new hardware.  I have tried endlessly to send a small desihn to the cutter with no luck.  a couple of times the printer fed the vinyl, but that was it.  The cutter never moved.  I also need to note that the computer i USE DOES NOT HAVE AN INTERNET CONNECTION,  SO i MUST DOWNLOAD ANY SOFTWARE ON A FLASH DRIVE AND REISTALL IT ON THE COMPUTER.  Woops, Didn't realize I hit cap locks,Sorry. I bring this up because the Signcut xp2 that I am using says that it is in test mode.  Could this be my problem?

Thanks,

Joe

Ok,  Everything is installed on the computer i will be using.  It is windows XP with a usb connection.  Everthing seemed to install correctly and the computer reconezes the new hardware.  I have tried endlessly to send a small desihn to the cutter with no luck.  a couple of times the printer fed the vinyl, but that was it.  The cutter never moved.  I also need to note that the computer i USE DOES NOT HAVE AN INTERNET CONNECTION,  SO i MUST DOWNLOAD ANY SOFTWARE ON A FLASH DRIVE AND REISTALL IT ON THE COMPUTER.  Woops, Didn't realize I hit cap locks,Sorry. I bring this up because the Signcut xp2 that I am using says that it is in test mode.  Could this be my problem?

Thanks,

Joe

Yes, SignCut needs an internet connection to verify your subscription status about once every week or so. Try simulating LE mode through the Help Menu.

OK,  I set up a wireless internet connection,  Signcut is no longer in test mode (woohoo!) one problem down!  I still cannot seem to get the computer to interface with the cutter. I am not going to lie,  this is my first time using a cutter,  so the problem may just be me, but I have been racking my brin trying to get anything to cut. ANy suggestions from this point?

Thanks,

Joe

OK,  I set up a wireless internet connection,  Signcut is no longer in test mode (woohoo!) one problem down!  I still cannot seem to get the computer to interface with the cutter. I am not going to lie,  this is my first time using a cutter,  so the problem may just be me, but I have been racking my brin trying to get anything to cut. ANy suggestions from this point?

Thanks,

Joe

Click on the Cutter button, then let me know what you have for the Manufacturer, Cutter, and Device (the top 3).

The Cutting Plotter driver is not the correct driver for the USB connection. It sounds like you used the self-extracting cutting plotter driver off of the driver disk, when the FTDI driver si the one that should have been used. You may need to go to your Device Manager and uninstall the cutting plotter driver, unplug the USB cable, reboot, then plug it back in to a different USB port and install the correct driver.

I can't find the FTDI driver anywher on my disk, unlessit is marked as something else.  The driver I installed was marked USB Driver, but apparently that wasn't it.  I know I am close to cutting my first decal, but I don't know when it will be.

The drivers are not in a folder, yet directly on the disk. So install from a specific location, and make sure you just point to your CD-Rom drive.

IS there anyway you can talk me through this, It's hard for me because I am not available during the day,  but I will be Monday afternoon.  Let me know if this is a possibility.  Thanks!

Joe

OK,  I left you a message today, but you were unable to get back to me, so we are back to doing this online.  When I directed the new hardware to the CD rom,  it said that it could not install because it could not find the neccesary software.  My question is, can I download the correct driver online?  I also noticed that some people have used an usb/serial port adapter,  would this be beneficial to help resolve my interface problem?

Thanks,

Joe

GOOD NEWS!  Just over a month after my purchase and hours of frustration,  I cut vinyl today for the first time.  Getting this thing to cut has made me nuts,  I have actually had a couple of computer techs from my regular job come over and try to no avail I tried the usb to serial port, Nothing! Finally, another tech determined that the problem was in the software not the cutter.  The computer has always found the cutter, but there was never any comunication. In my case,  he determined that vista was the problem,  wich is what I was running in my shop and on my laptop.  He suggested to try it on my home desktop which is running XP and has a printer parrelel port.  He said he was positive that this combination would work!  I downloaded SignCutX2 for the fourth time leaving me only 1 download left, and it worked right from the start.. NO PROBLEMS!  Why it was this difficult is beyond me, but I am up and running now, and that is all that matters!

ah..Vista! IT can be made to work but it is tricky. I might have to get a copy of Vista just to figure it out.

Microsoft.....blah

Now if I could only figure out WHY Vista gave you so many problems......