Sign in to follow this  
flyinsignmonkey

first big contract done with my copam

ive finished cutting the vinyl for 2- 8 foot tall x 16 foot long lexan faces for a hotel. im going to install them in this existing monument sign. ive got one face finished tomorow im gonna have the other done. when I can get them up off the production table I'll get a pic of em then a pic once I have them installed. my copam has produced flawlessly.

heres the artwork of what it looks like

2708295721_2bf3a9f8bb.jpg?v=0

today i finished welding up a jib with a remote controled winch mounted on it I scavenged parts from a wieght liftign machine. it slides into a mount I fabbed up and welded to the end of my aerial truck.  I tested it out it worked flawlessly and lifted 500 lbs.  ive just fabricated a light duty crane that has a 34' reach  ;D  now I can install these two humongous faces

2708270931_42b3364e31.jpg?v=0

well heres a photo of one finished on the table they are just too big for me and one guy to get them off the table and out where I could get a shot. applying all that vinyl wore me out.  the one thing I didnt like was that the copam has the vinyl roll in a diificult position to make sure thier is enough slack when its spitting out a foot a second of vinyl and its travelling several feet before you can react. but im still feelin prety happy and impressed with this machine.

could not get the whole sign in the shot

2712470172_b5a7d75f29.jpg?v=0

bet you are glad it's almost done!!! you will feel even better when the check is cashed

Wow....that would be way tooooo big for me.  Congradulations!

Nice. Big jobs scare me, can't stay concentrated long enough for 1, for 2 ...... uh .....

well.. two days out of town but a succesfully completed job. and I might have more work for my copam. a couple other businesses want bids.

heres pics of the install

2725679384_746f38fa43_m.jpg

2724851561_79a579f2e6_m.jpg

2725684144_4f996edc6c_m.jpg

thanks, im re-cooperating by lounging around today..  it was a scorcher down in new mexico where I installed the sign. and it was a long hot 3 hour drive back. and like a big ol dummmy I forgot to bring my 3 gallon water cooler.

Guest kenya

Wow, what a big sign.

You did a great job !!  :P