FlexingProblems

48 LP going outside of Roller Guides & hitting safety rail

My *New* 48" LP  (w/ Flexi 8.1) is 3/4  times taking the head to the safety rail & stopping the unit (while Flexi shows the job as sill in process of cutting).

Shouldn't the  unit NOT allow the head to go outside of the roller guides?

Using the serial port

Flexi driver: Creation PCut CT630 (need to put this tidbit in the hardcopy "owners manual")

The jobs that work (after deleting all aborted jobs, closing the prg out, rebooting PC & plotter)

also need the head nudged.

One test print runs, the next flops.

[move][move]Any Ideas? :)[/move][/move]

[move]Disclaimer: My insanity is caused by yrs o' being an electrical engineer & an IT/MIS/CNE, not to mention 19 yrs in an Okinawan dojo ;D[/move]

If the cutter carriage is hitting the kill buttons, then whatever you're trying to cut is simply too wide. Not every one has the stand with rollers, so there really is no way for the software to "know" when it's cutting outside of the roller width.

If your cutting something small or narrow and the cutter carriage is hitting the kill button, then you need to reset your x,y coordinates.

Are you using 48" vinyl?

3a. This test run is for an 18" x 24" sign, using a 16.5 x 22.5 run .... (& on a 48" plotter no less) ::sigh::

3b. I have the Vinyl set about 2 inches from the left hand rail.

3c. The sheet is about 28-30" wide; I'll have to measure when I drag my keister back to the shop;

I'm glad this is a sideline business I'm starting right now {chuckle}

Oh, yes; 1 more thing ("Uncle" voice from Jackie Chan)

3d. The darn thing truncated my sign;

Of 4 lines of text for a yard sign, it decided not to cut the top line,

& gave me the other 3 lines. Odd....

3e. & the blade didn't wander outside of the vinyl.

3f. & I'm going to have to see about the tension adjust on the pressure rollers;

the middle 2 are tracking (bubbling) my vinyl, so my partner (who used to co-own a vinyl biz for 3 yrs w/ her ex) just left the middle 2 up; that shouldn't create any issues with this unit, should it?

3g. Just to top this off, we're using a dual boot PC I homebrewed, dedicated to just running Flexi.

Using 2000, w/ XP as a backup (if needed). 1600 Mhz dual core Intel, which ran my test  using both processors, doing m4p/mp3 audio conversions just fine.

No antivirus sw to let it run fast as 2000 will let it w/o XP/Vista bloatware (or leting MORE sw take control of the ports) (so that means this li'l beastie will never touch the net, nor ever have it's ethernet port lit, but have files ported over via a secure box sitting next to it).

3h. The knife is cutting great after a few adjusts, with my assoc. letting me know when the cuts were clean enough..

But it's dragging, cutting a line to the next letters!

This isn't good for reversed text fields & horrendous if I was doing blueprints (which I will for myself quite soon).

It's as if the assembly isn't bothering to pick up the darn head...

3i. The noise! I keep thinking an elephant is sneezing & has the sniffles!

I'll record the sound when I get back to the office...

Ken, thanks for the help!

for the 48', use Creation PCut CT1200dmpl

The unit prefers to start from the R hand side;

to set new origion,

press online button, get xy screen, that's your current 0 point

nudge w/ arrows, hit center cutton & that's your new 0

For drag

set pressure to 120-150,

then mode button

select press(ure)

another option is speed, go slower for more intricate detailed work

Glad to hear that you got everything worked out. I know in the beginning it's kind of confusing, with so many different variables, but once you're set - it's awesome.

Feel free to post any and all questions, we try to help  :thumbsup:

I had issues with mine and it was because I was setting the reset x,y point on the left instead of the right side of the media....

Rich