Sign in to follow this  
Jammersdecals

Two Questions please

I am now a new owner of a new refine MH-1350 and I was reading the post and noticed you guys said the cutter head was off track well mine is but book says never to touch or move the cutting head. So does it void my 1yr waranty? 2nd Question is is there a way to set it up to cut from a networked PC?

You won't void the warranty.Just pull down slightly on the cutter head,tilt it a bit,and put it back on the track.

As for printing from a network printer...well I have a network but the plotter is hooked up to the actual computer that the software is on...for 2 reasons. 1,the cutting software,vectorizing software,etc, takes a lot of memory and I sometimes do several things at once. So basically I have a computer exclusive for cutting. Its a memory issue.

The second reason,is,from what I have read on here many people have trouble getting it to work with just one computer. If you are a network wizard,I know there is a way. If you aren't...and you have patience, just try a few things and see. I would think that the computer that the actual cutter is hooked up to,would be the one that would need the drivers. But like I said, I've not tried and don't want to tempt fate.

In reply to your second question, you should be able to cut from a networked computer easily enough if you're running Flexi on both. You can connect to a production manager elsewhere on your network and send files to cut pretty easily. Without Flexi, you'd have to have one computer on your network talking to the parallel or serial port of another computer on your network. I don't believe Windows has any built-in way to do that, but there may be some third-party software out there to let you do it. It would probably be easier to dust off your old computer and let it be your dedicated cutting machine.

Ok thanks for the info. I have the plotter hooked to my pc but wife does alot of work on it and she has moved her pc into her office closer to our sons playroom and she is conected to all the PC's in the shop. She was wanting to know if there was a way so she would not have to be in my office all the time on the PC connected to the plotter. We were wondering if it would be able to see the plotter on the network or do you not have to see it  or what? We have our Roland and it works from her networked PC to the plotter wich it on a seperate PC from the REFINE plotter and she can set it up and cut to to Roland without leaving her office. Just asking because we are having trouble getting the plotter to show up as a printer or device on the PC. I have read and followed the instructions step by step. We did some cutting on the USB but can not get it to cut with the paralel cable. it shows on ports (ecp port LPT1) but send something to cut and nothing. I even deleated the port and restarted PC and let it find hardware but nothing it keeps windows drivers even after I tell it I will chose driver. I do Appreciate all help in advance.

The plotter should never be installed in printers and faxes. It uses drivers through SignCut, the cutting program and does not need extra drivers installed in printers and faxes. If you are trying the LPT port, make sure that there are no other devices in Printers and Faxes that may have used the LPT port, and if so, uninstall them. Also make sure it is not daisy chained to other devices or a switch box. ECP mode is correct for the Parallel port.

Ok so you are saying have signcut up and running on both pcs correct? then she just sends file to that pc and it will cut straight from her pc on the network to the plotter?