firemalt

Texas roll call!!!!

I was born in texas if that counts for anything. But now I live in God's country.

TENNESSEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There wouldn't BE a Texas if it wasn't for Tennessee.

Guest gracewriter

I was born in texas if that counts for anything. But now I live in God's country.

OMG, you are too funny, John!

Come to think of it, there wouldn't have been a Texas without Illinois as well, (where I was born).  Our state flag hangs proudly inside the Alamo.

TENNESSEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There wouldn't BE a Texas if it wasn't for Tennessee.

Mr Sam Houston...7th GOvernor of TENNESSEE...first(and 3rd) President of the republic of Texas..7th governor of Texas.

Mr Davy Crockett... twice elected confressman for the State of Tennessee...born in Tennessee...died at the Alamo

and several others.

immigration from Tennessee to Texas was so common that the acronym 'GTT', for Gone To Texas, can routinely be found in 1800s county records and was found on abandon homesteads in the 1800s.

Guest gracewriter

John, you are like a walking encyclopedia.  Can't think of anything sexier than that.

Mr Sam Houston...7th GOvernor of TENNESSEE...first(and 3rd) President of the republic of Texas..7th governor of Texas.

Mr Davy Crockett... twice elected confressman for the State of Tennessee...born in Tennessee...died at the Alamo

and several others.

immigration from Tennessee to Texas was so common that the acronym 'GTT', for Gone To Texas, can routinely be found in 1800s county records and was found on abandon homesteads in the 1800s.

Very impressive.  With John around, who needs google.  :)

Guest gracewriter

and several others.

You don't.  John is all you need and he's cuter and sweeter than a speckled puppy sitting under a red wagon.  If I lived in Tennessee, he'd be in big trouble...and so would I.

Thanks..I haven't been called cute since Kennedy was President.

and yes, I know a lot of stuff...most of which hasn't made me a dime.

NOW...I just wish Texas would take BACK the current president thay gave us.and also the Texas branch of my family who moved back here 10 years ago.

and several others.

You don't.  John is all you need and he's cuter and sweeter than a speckled puppy sitting under a red wagon.  If I lived in Tennessee, he'd be in big trouble...and so would I.

If you lived in Tennessee I probably wouldn't survive the first encounter. But what a way to go! It would take the mortician all day to wipe the smile off my face.

Guest gracewriter

NOW...I just wish Texas would take BACK the current president thay gave us.and also the Texas branch of my family who moved back here 10 years ago.

Cute?  Of course, because you carry this old heart back to grade school.  And that's what we called boys back then we thought were HOT--cute.

and what makes you "hot"?  knowing a lot of stuff. 

Believe it or not, there are some women in this world who are more turned on by a man's brains then his, well.. you know.

And as far as the Bush baby, Texas is too smart to take him back.  I'm surprised Houston hasn't given them their walking papers yet.

Guest gracewriter

No, John, you are wrong.  The mortician would never be able to wipe it off and be calling all  his buddies to "take a look at this!".

Cute?  Of course, because you carry this old heart back to grade school.  And that's what we called boys back then we thought were HOT--cute.

and what makes you "hot"?  knowing a lot of stuff. 

Believe it or not, there are some women in this world who are more turned on by a man's brains then his, well.. you know.

And as far as the Bush baby, Texas is too smart to take him back.  I'm surprised Houston hasn't given them their walking papers yet.

I see where SMU has finally (after MUCH opposition) decided to let the idiot Bush build his library there. I am so disappointed...I thought that even the Bush Money couldn't buy off the Methodists. But I guess it's like the Zoo...the ugliest animal usually draws the most vistors.

Sam Houston is buried about 35 miles from me.

I don't think Bush is a Texan. His family are transplanted yankees. Did you know Bush has two other brothers besides Jeb?

A lot of shenanigans going on with them.

Rumor has it they are drawing giant pensions for being Ambassadors to poo-paa lands somewhere.

Brothers, Jeb, Neil, and Marvin Bush,

We don't want them either.

he was born in Connecticut,raised in Texas.

That makes him a Texan in my book.

Guest gracewriter

Wrong!

He hasn't the heart of a true Texan and never will.  And yes, the entire family are yankees.  And no, not everyone from up north is a yankee, like myself, I am a Midwesterner.  And as everyone knows who has ever broken down on the side of the road in the Midwest, like Texans, we actually stop and lend a hand.

Geez  John I didn't need to know that......hope he never comes back .....I'll have to move  :'(