Sign in to follow this  
gm2k8

questions about laserpoint

i have been researching for a while now.. thinking more and more about getting the laserpoint.. however.. it seems to me every post on here is about problems.. can some people chime in and reassure me that the laserpoint is indeed a great machine.. i want to hear from actual users that are loving their laserpoint.. :lol:  i know its a learning curve but how does everyone really think of their laserpoint?

Dave

I love my LP. Had it since Nov. 2007. First and only cutter so far. I did have a few obstacles to overcome after getting it all setup - but the obstacles were caused by SUS (stupid user syndrome).  ;D

thank haumana.. i wish others would chime in and give new users reasurrance.. i am going for either the mh721 or laserpoint.. i really want the laserpoint but i dunno if i can afford it unless i win one on ebay.. thats what i been trying to do..

do you have any pics of some of the work you have done with your LP?

Dave

I've done more stuff, but never bothered to take photos. A friend of mine took these photos and emailed them to me.

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php/topic,4731.0.html

It's not much, but it's something. I haven't used the contour cut feature on my LP yet, but it sure is nice to know that I have that ability when the time comes. Be patient with the eBay thing ... I think I bid on at least a half dozen before I finally won one.

:)

thanks.. i really want the laserpoint i think.. but u would never believe the problems i have been having with my ISP.. i think my modem either died here at the house or something.. but of course i was winning an auction that ended in the evening day before yesterday.. and i came home to check and possibly bid up.. and my internet was down :)  and again last night.. :)  so i have to use internet at work to bid.. hopefully i can win one soon.. i have so many ideas i want to try just for my own business advertising alone.. ;D

thanks for the pics.. i appreciate it..

Dave

I love mine that I got 24 laser point I have been playing with contour cut feature on my LP still need more time I think it is me and not the cutter just takes time.

i have a lp24 and haven't had a single problem with at all It seems well built. I still haven't done any contour cutting with it but that will probly come soon when i get into t shirt transfers

thanks guys.. i am leaning over to the laserpoint more and more.. i almost won one last night.. argh.. heh.. still trying to save some $ and win one on ebay

finally was home and able to bid up and won one off ebay.. so now the learning process starts.. ;D

i have been researching for a while now.. thinking more and more about getting the laserpoint.. however.. it seems to me every post on here is about problems.. can some people chime in and reassure me that the laserpoint is indeed a great machine.. i want to hear from actual users that are loving their laserpoint.. ;D  i know its a learning curve but how does everyone really think of their laserpoint?

Dave

I have to admit, when I first got it, I couldnt get it to work, and I am very technical. And it was all user..  basically it was totally the I.D.10T Error (IDIOT error). Basically it kept hitting the kill switch button every time I tried to cut something. I spent an easy 5-6 hours trouble shooting it. The problem was the initial reset point of the cutter. I was setting it at the left instead of the right side of my media (vinyl).

The only other thing I would blame on the issues I had was being a typical male that did not want to read the directions, where I assembled and dissasembled the damn stand atleast 4 times. (really..) The instructions that come with it are not good, but look at the one that is on this forum or take some time to look at the pieces, because they are directional.

I am very glad I did get the Laser Point..... ;D

Rich

lol Rich.. i happen to be a part of that club.. the 'no read the manual' club.. my wife always gets on me cause i get bout halfway thru and she goes.. you forgot this piece.. DOH!

I read alot for a month on here before a got the cutter and had it up and running within 2 hours.Most of the main user error questions are answered on here

Says serial in his scrolling signature.

DOH! i didnt even see that.. just wondering should i just connect with serial or try usb.. hmmm

woohoo.. just got my 4 rolls of vinyl and some samples in the mail today.. but no cutter.. it comes monday.. :lol:

just to add.. got my laser point.. hooked it up to pc with serial.. installed signblazer.. put in pen adapter.. did some plotting.. everything works fine (knock on wood).. going to try vinyl tomorrow..  :thumbsup:

hi JoeCamaro not yet still having some problems with the contoure cut.

MrDavid, if you figure it out let me know.

I have had my Lp24 for 2 days now....I have hooked it up to the arsenal of computers I have here at the house....2 lap tops and 2 desk tops.  Depending on where I do my work I use different computers.  Anyway  I had com port problems with all but it was easy to figure it out....using USB on all of them.

I have cut vinyl  and contour cut as well and had no problems with either.  Did some plotting with no problems at all either.  For the price I am happy with the machine. The stand that came with it was decent quality as well.  Now I can't wait to get some work to pay for it.  My heat press from US cutter should be here on Monday and then I can try that out as well.  Will keep you all posted.

Hope this sheds some light on it on you future cutter owners.

The bottom line...Im happy!

Geo

I am with the rest here. There was a learning curve in setting the machine up, but it was all me, not the machine. It works great! Not tried the contour cutting yet. Haven't needed it...