nimo05

Do you need Teflon Paper for Heat Transfer Vinyl?

Do you need to use teflon paper, or silicone release paper for Heat Transfer Vinyl like thermoflex?!?!

If you do are there any substitutes I can use that I have lyin around the house?

Thank You!

-Nima

Yes and No...

I was told that you had to use the silicon release sheet on the thermoflex...  But one day, the sheet came up missing and I had a dozen shirts to make...  Well, I didnt use it and I think that my results were better, I cut the time down on the press about 2 seconds... Now, i dont ever use it with thermoflex, however, iron on transfers its a must to prevent the ink from seeping thru to your heat platen

Guest fivestar

Also I use it when doing multi color layed transfers so the vinyl transfer doesn't touch the platen when doing the next color.

Nimo, no you don't need Teflon sheet. I use common parchment baking paper from the grocery store. It will curl up after use but it is so cheep, I have quite a few sheets stacked beside my heat press and just set the hot one aside and grab a cool one for the next pressing. It also flattens out after it cools so you don't have to keep buying it every other day.

Guest TracMatt

I reuse the backing that comes with heat press vinyl after the vinyl is peeled off.  I just kept a couple pieces of it and if I have to use it for a reheat or something I do.

Tracee

I reuse the backing that comes with heat press vinyl after the vinyl is peeled off.  I just kept a couple pieces of it and if I have to use it for a reheat or something I do.

Tracee

Very smart & GREEN!!!