Photo
- - - - -

Do you need Teflon Paper for Heat Transfer Vinyl?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 nimo05

nimo05

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 08:21 PM

Do you need to use teflon paper, or silicone release paper for Heat Transfer Vinyl like thermoflex?!?!

If you do are there any substitutes I can use that I have lyin around the house?

Thank You!

-Nima

#2 TaterNuts

TaterNuts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 974 posts
  • LocationToledo, Ohio

Posted 27 April 2007 - 03:04 AM

Yes and No...

I was told that you had to use the silicon release sheet on the thermoflex...  But one day, the sheet came up missing and I had a dozen shirts to make...  Well, I didnt use it and I think that my results were better, I cut the time down on the press about 2 seconds... Now, i dont ever use it with thermoflex, however, iron on transfers its a must to prevent the ink from seeping thru to your heat platen

#3 Guest_fivestar_*

Guest_fivestar_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 April 2007 - 03:34 AM

Also I use it when doing multi color layed transfers so the vinyl transfer doesn't touch the platen when doing the next color.

#4 DTFuqua

DTFuqua

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 05:04 PM

Nimo, no you don't need Teflon sheet. I use common parchment baking paper from the grocery store. It will curl up after use but it is so cheep, I have quite a few sheets stacked beside my heat press and just set the hot one aside and grab a cool one for the next pressing. It also flattens out after it cools so you don't have to keep buying it every other day.

#5 Guest_TracMatt_*

Guest_TracMatt_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 July 2008 - 07:24 AM

I reuse the backing that comes with heat press vinyl after the vinyl is peeled off.  I just kept a couple pieces of it and if I have to use it for a reheat or something I do.

Tracee

#6 ralais

ralais

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 08 August 2008 - 07:10 AM

I reuse the backing that comes with heat press vinyl after the vinyl is peeled off.  I just kept a couple pieces of it and if I have to use it for a reheat or something I do.

Tracee

Very smart & GREEN!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users