Sign in to follow this  
Creakhead

Moving: Need Packing tips

Hi guys,

I am getting ready to move in a few weeks, and was trying to figure out what the best way to pack up my 24" pcut cutter. I don't have the original box.  I was wondering some silly things, like do i need to tie down the cutting head? Should the feed rollers be locked/unlocked? What about the plastic feet rollers? Any tips would be great.

Thanks a ton,

Aaron

By all means, try to repack the machine like you received it. I saved my box just in case I ever have to send it back for repairs.

If you have a place that sells motorcycles, water scooters etc. nearby, check their dump. They throw away huge pieces of Styrofoam. If not, go to a place like Homedepot and but a sheet of foam insulation, cut it the size of your cutter and wrap that thing like a sore thumb. That should take care of any bumping around.

Goodluck.

Uhaul sells a box that is meant to hold golf clubs and such. I bought one of those and carefully packed the plotter inside with packing peanuts and other styrafoam (sp?).

I don't think you need to worry about tying down the blade. And I wound not recommend locking down the pinch rollers, over time t could compress the rubber, and then it wouldn't advice vinyl properly.

Unless you are shipping it via UPS, FED EX or postal services I would not worry about packing it that good -- it wont get that much movement that it will damage the cutter (unless you roll the moving truck - and then you have bigger problems!)

If it were me I would just put it on the truck and make sure it doesn't slide around.

Just my .02c

Thanks for the tips guys. Lucky when i was going through my shed, I did save the foam ends that came with the cutter. I just tapped down the rollers so they don't slide, and made my own box wrapping it in cardboard. Seems pretty sturdy. I will just be sure not to put stuff on top of it :thumbsup:

Although now that's its packed up, I was just realizing it would have been smart to make some nice big sticker labels to mark my moving boxes :thumbsup:. Dang it!