Sign in to follow this  
SiboleGraphix

How much would you charge?

I mostly got my cutter for hubs company work. But a friend of his saw it, and wants some work done on his truck now. I have no idea how to charge people, I haven't thought far enough ahead about an actual business of it.

Well, the guy is a friend, but he says he wants to pay me. He wants lettering done on both truck doors and tailgate. He wants Company name, phone number, lic. # all in just blue. I have to have him pick out what blue he wants and order it still, but how much would you charge for something like that?

Oh, and he said he'll apply it himself.

Amber

Thanks. I'm thinking about getting a home business license, so I'm trying to figure this all out before I do. I have an estimating software, but I'm still leary of using something like that. So I'm trying to figure out pricing on my own before I start using that thing.

My husband said to charge him 85 dollars for the whole set. I thought that was alot at first, but then his friend said another sign guy was going to charge him $300, but that included installation. Just kind of through me for a loop that it would cost that much! So then I had no idea what to charge!

Amber

$85 is reasonable. I usually get $30 per door if the install themselves,and that's a $25 profit.

That $300 charge for $10 worth of vinyl and an hour's work is why (as Slopchop says) a lot of sign shops are having a hard time.

I thought 300 was a little high. Especially for one color simple lettering. But I have never charged anyone, so I wasn't sure or not. Glad to know I'm not the only one who thought the other sign guys price was crazy!