nonabelle

A LONGER SERIAL CABLE

i think i need to buy a longer serial cable. any advice so i will purchase the correct one. this for my p cut 630ct

thanks in advance ;D

Sheila, you should not operate you cutter while cooking in the bbq. Keep your short one and work indoors  ;D

Sheila, you should not operate you cutter while cooking in the bbq. Keep your short one and work indoors  ;D

hehe, joe u r so silly. that was a good one. ff, i live in memphis, tn and we live and eat bbq. joe is crazy, but u know i will do it tho. lol

I'm pretty sure a serial cable is a serial cable. No right one or wrong one about it. ;D

I'm pretty sure a serial cable is a serial cable. No right one or wrong one about it. ;D

firemalt despite the obvious, i'm not slow.lol there r different ones like null and something else. don't know what it all means. ;D

i went to ebay and an online store called cables to go and honey i thought there was only one but i got slow for real. ;D ;D

You know I wouldn't try and steer you wrong.

I need to get off this dang comp and do my quarterly taxes... they are do on the 21st!

I use null cables but that's more from habit...back in the old days you had to,most cases. I did have a regular one here and couldn't get it to work with the refine but it could just be a bad cable.

Guess I'll have to break out the 'ol meter and wring out the cable to see what it is. A pass through or a null modem (aka crossover). I don't trust the paperwork. I believe it's a pass through since it has a male and female connectors. A crossover should only have female.

just got the serial cable replaced on my Refine 721 and it is indeed a null modem cable db9 male to female,

my first trip to the computer store was for a non null and no talky talky  :thumbsup:

the cable was only $10 but unfortunately there are a thousand other things to impulse buy while I'm there

Due to space restrictions where I have my stuff stored/setup and a local supplier who only had 2 sizes in stock I ended up with a 100' cable and it has communicated flawlessly with my LP24. Not sure exactly what I paid for it, but I think it was under 25 duckies. I think I have an extra 10', how long do you need?