Sign in to follow this  
N8R

CTN630 with Flexi 8.5 having problems getting to cut

I just purchased this new from Ebay and setup according to the instructions. I have the 8.5 starter software. I have it hooked up to my serial port on my laptop with XP and when I try to cut, it starts up the production manager and then I have to send from there to start cutting. Production manager shows cutting and deletes as soon as it reaches 100% but the cutter display shows waiting and cut head doesnt move. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Nate

when you set up Flexi,did you chose the right drivers and com1? Also,make sure that the baud rate is right. With the pcut, I think it is 4800 but I might be wrong.

Thanks for getting back with me. I figured it out. Everytime it starts to cut it hits the limit switch on the right and goes into reset. The new problem is when I set the reference point in the right corner and put it back online, the image I see on the production manager just before I send is upside down/backwards when it cuts and it sends it back against the limit switch. If I set the reference point the width away from the right it will cut without problems. Any suggestions?

I'm not sure I comprehend 100% what you are saying (reference point) but if you have a way that makes it cut right,just cut that way.