Guest TracMatt

siser ez weed?

Guest TracMatt

Well??? How did it do?  Oh you might not be done yet.  I am in NY time.

Can someone tell me what you use for car vinyl is it oracal 651?  Not window decal but for the side of a car.

Thanks,

Tracee

Guest fivestar

Can someone tell me what you use for car vinyl is it oracal 651?  Not window decal but for the side of a car.

Thanks,

Tracee

Tracee actually as soon as I posted my last post I had 3 customers stop in with puters, so I got it cut but didn't weed it.  It looked like it cut fine when I glanced at it real quick.  I am at the house now, but am probably going to go back down to the shop later this evening and will try to weed it and post a pic.

Guest fivestar

Thanks,

Tracee

As for the car vinyl, you can use 651 as long as it isn't going over any curves.  If it is going over curves I recommend Oracal 751 or 851.

Guest fivestar

Well here's a 1/4 cut of the "cirlce of stars" I just weeded out of easyweed.  Sheila I really don't see why you was having problems with this unless your pressure wasn't set properly, this stuff weeded great for me.  I just wished it came in 20" width.

post-0-12986521689152_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986521700479_thumb.jpg

Well here's a 1/4 cut of the "cirlce of stars" I just weeded out of easyweed.  Sheila I really don't see why you was having problems with this unless your pressure wasn't set properly, this stuff weeded great for me.  I just wished it came in 20" width.

five, have u press it yet.

Guest fivestar

No I will press it tomorrow.  It was about 100 degrees upstairs when I went back to the shop so there was no way I was turning on the heatpress.  ;D ;D ;D

Guest TracMatt

Thanks for the info on the car vinyl.  Can't wait to hear your press review now.  :thumbsup:

Tracee

Guest fivestar

Press review will be Monday as I am not in the shop today.  I was there for a little while this morning but it was so fricken hot there was no way I was turning the press on.  I'll press it Monday and let you know.

Guest TracMatt

Okay thanks  :lol:!

Keep cool.

Tracee

hey five....I found a couple ceiling fans at a yardsale last year...put them in the shop...they make all the difference. My total cost was $4 for both but even new you can pick them up for $20 each.

Guest TracMatt

I have seen them at the local Lowes for $20.00 new.  I couldn't work without air in my shop, I hate the heat.  I'm on the ground floor I can't imagine a second story shop.

Tracee

Guest fivestar

I am "in the process" of moving to a building we have out back of our flower shop.  But honestly I have been wanting to do it since April/May and have been too busy.  I've got an AC upstairs it just isn't big enough to cool down the area where I press at.  I have a ceiling fan in there John, thanks for the idea though.

Guest TracMatt

Hey Five,

How did that pressing go?

Tracee

Hey Five,

How did that pressing go?

Tracee

check the 'fivestar has lost his mind' thread. He tells so over there.

If you get confused, I am starting a club.

Guest fivestar
;D ;D ;D It went really well.  I really love this product.  It is SO THIN.  I just wished it was 20" wide, I am going to get some and use it.  I would recommend it to anyone doing t-shirts.  Just be sure and buy it from www.uscutterdirect.com as they provide us with this excellent forum.

Guest TracMatt

Okay thanks for the review and I will check out your mind losing thread also!

Tracee ;D

Guest TracMatt

Received my rather large very generous sample of ez weed today (thanks uscutter), I will be trying it tomorrow and will give my review on it.  Previously I have only used eco film and a very small sample of multicut from jotopaper.

I will present my review as a newbie when I am done :thumbsup:.

Tracee

Guest fivestar

Tracee since you've used Eco-Film please let everyone know if you think they are the same.

Received my rather large very generous sample of ez weed today (thanks uscutter), I will be trying it tomorrow and will give my review on it.  Previously I have only used eco film and a very small sample of multicut from jotopaper.

I will present my review as a newbie when I am done :thumbsup:.

Tracee

No problem. Actually I thought the sample was not big enough and wish I had more to send, but I am glad it is enough for you to test and review.

;)

Guest fivestar

Like I said in my review.  I love it, it presses well, weeds well and is very thin.  I think US Cutter has a winner here with EasyWeed.

Guest TracMatt

Hi Ken,

You should have seen what joto sent me  :thumbsup: then you would have thought twice about it being small!

Five,

I will let everyone know if it is the same or not! 

Tracee

Guest TracMatt

Okay the review is in.

I had a fairly large piece of siser sent to me to try.  I cut out a larger design with lots of detail to see how it was to weed.  The weeding went really well.  I actually think it weeded better than eco.  The vinyl itself is thicker than eco you can tell that immediately upon weeding. 

I set the press and pressed it for 20 seconds, hot peeled it ( I didn't get any instructions so I went with the same as eco) and it came out great.  Here is a picture of the shirt I made for my husband with the Ez Weed vinyl.  I think it is nicer than Eco myself, weeded easier and pressed nicer.  Just my opinion but as those are the only two I have used I prefer the Siser now over the Eco.

I can tell you that I do not think they are the same vinyl Five!  Sorry dude.  :huh:

And thanks for the offroading Jeep that was posted in the graphics section it was perfect for him.

Tracee :huh:

post-0-12986522003071_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986522022201_thumb.jpg

Guest TracMatt

Thanks Wild.  Have you tried Eco yet?

Tracee

Guest TracMatt

PM me with your address.

Tracee

Guest fivestar

Ken did you send me a sample of Eco?  I'm telling everyone, my Siser and Eco are IDENTICAL in EVERY WAY.  I noticed yours is glossy Tracee, my sample is not gloss at all, it LOOKS FEELS CUTS and PRESSES EXACTLY like ECO.   :huh::lol::D