Guest TracMatt

siser ez weed?

Guest TracMatt

Has anyone used sizer ez weed?  Can I get a review of it please?

Thanks,

Tracee

Guest fivestar

Tracee I have heard really good things about it.  I haven't tried it myself, but I am getting some and will do a "review" on it to how it compares to Multicut and Thermoflex Plus.  One major strike against it for me personally is it is only 15" wide, that's why I prefer multicut, it is 20" wide and most of my designs are 9" wide so I can get 2 cuts per 20" width compared to only 1 on a 15" wide roll.

Guest TracMatt

Hey Five,

I got some samples of the multi-cut and I really liked it a lot, but.... I got in touch with them about a color and they responded that they have it but only sell it in 6 yds quantities.  ;D  I am small time, it is just me here.  I certainly do not need 6 yards of athletic gold nor do I want to purchase 6 yards of any color at this time.  In fact if I could purchase 2 yards of lots of different colors that would be better for me.  It is funny that on the website it says they sell 3 yrd rolls of the athletic gold, but I was emailed by the USA salesman who said only 6 yds for that color.  ;D

Anxiously awaiting your review on the siser ez weed, can't wait to hear your opinion of it!  Have you tried thermoflex?

Tracee

Tracee,

Where are you finding this "siser ez weed"  I've done some google searches without result.  Is this just the "metalic like" or wide variety of colors?  I'm small too but, would buy one roll if it is "supposed " to weed very easy (for us new folk).

Thank you,

Regis

Guest TracMatt

And also can you explain to me which ones need the silicone sheets and why?  I have only used the joto and eco film.  I love the eco film now that I have my heat press pressure correct.  It works great, but is very expensive.  I am hoping to find alternative vinyl that I can get in smaller quanitites.  

Thanks for the help,    ;D

Tracee

Guest TracMatt

Regis,

At the us cutter store.  www.uscutter.com  They are selling it now.

Tracee

I just finally got to cut some of the stuff today, and I must say, it does weed easily. Do not have any blank T's to press it on, but it cut and weeded nicely.

Guest TracMatt

Nice!  Thanks Ken.  I think I might have to try that stuff next.

Tracee

Guest fivestar

Tracee yes they do only sell in 6 yrd quanities.  I don't know why their website shows the 3 yrd, I've noticed that too.  I haven't seen siser's easyweed, but I'm almost convinced from posts over at t-shirtforums that siser's easyweed and Shitprintable's eco is the same stuff and Siser's is cheaper. 

I pressed some eco I got from a lovely member here ;D and I must say it weeds and presses nice, but I still think Joto's pink blows eco electric pink out of the water, but that's just me.  ;D

As far as usning Thermoflex Plus, yes I've used it many times and it is almost indentical to joto's multicut except it is only 15" wide as MOST PLACES, chime in nonabelle, I know there's a place that is selling it in 20" widths, but I can't remember it.  ;D ;D ;D

Guest TracMatt

Five,

Thanks for the info. on the multicut yardage.  that sucks that you have to get 6 yds at a time.  I don't need that much of anything right now.  I might try to get a sample of the thermoflex just to try it.

Tracee

Don't forget to post your review of the sample we are sending you , five....

Tracee yes they do only sell in 6 yrd quanities.  I don't know why their website shows the 3 yrd, I've noticed that too.  I haven't seen siser's easyweed, but I'm almost convinced from posts over at t-shirtforums that siser's easyweed and Shitprintable's eco is the same stuff and Siser's is cheaper. 

I pressed some eco I got from a lovely member here ;D and I must say it weeds and presses nice, but I still think Joto's pink blows eco electric pink out of the water, but that's just me.  ;D

As far as usning Thermoflex Plus, yes I've used it many times and it is almost indentical to joto's multicut except it is only 15" wide as MOST PLACES, chime in nonabelle, I know there's a place that is selling it in 20" widths, but I can't remember it.  ;D ;D ;D

fivestar, i'm glad u like the eco film and thanks for ur honesty my friend. ;D easyweed is NOT the same as eco film. eco is matte finish and easyweed has a gloss shine to it. joto's pink i don't know but my concern was the hand of the product. and five ur only a man, so that doesn't count as far as the shade of pink.lol show it to a woman. as far as the 20in roll of thermoflex the paper ranch sells it that way with nice pricing.

and to u ken, why u only sent a sample to fivestar to try out? umm sounds like discrimination to me. if u want a review the fair thing was to randomly select ur t shirt users to try it. although i already know the outcome.  ;D i still love u tho. ;D :'(

and to u ken, why u only sent a sample to fivestar to try out? umm sounds like discrimination to me. if u want a review the fair thing was to randomly select ur t shirt users to try it. although i already know the outcome.  ;D i still love u tho. ;D :'(

:)

FiveStar has never tried it, and that is what we offer now. Haven't you cut it before? If not, send me a PM.

Guest TracMatt

Wow that's weird.  It's called ez weed, you would think it would weed easily right??? ;D  Hmmm.  Thanks for your input.

Tracee

Guest fivestar

I received my sample today, haven't had time to try it, hopefully tomorrow. But I would bet my left nut that it is the exact same material as Imprintables' Ecofilm.  It looks and feels indentical as their stuff and it is cheaper.  I will hopefully get to it tomorrow and give a little review of what I think of it.

Guest TracMatt

Well Five, I hope you still have your left nut tomorrow  ;D  But you could be right. 

Let me know when you can.

Thanks,

Tracee

I received my sample today, haven't had time to try it, hopefully tomorrow. But I would bet my left nut that it is the exact same material as Imprintables' Ecofilm.  It looks and feels indentical as their stuff and it is cheaper.  I will hopefully get to it tomorrow and give a little review of what I think of it.

well, i hope ur  not using it (your left nut) because i have tried it and more than once and weeding is not good on small letters and it is glossy. damn, i wish i could do the honors, i would find the largest and dullest blade to perform the mighty task. :);D ;D ;D

Guest fivestar

That's it Sheila, I'm cutting out the exact same design I cut with your ole precious Ecomfilm right now and am gonna test it.  BTW, your Ecofilm did do a good job.  ;D

That's it Sheila, I'm cutting out the exact same design I cut with your ole precious Ecomfilm right now and am gonna test it.  BTW, your Ecofilm did do a good job.  ;D

that's cool five, the only reason i'm not acting a fool is because i know u will be honest.  love u five, but i know u not gonna like easyweed. it's ok for jersey and stuff but when u want the screen print look naw. btw thanks for not being bias.

Guest fivestar

Quick update.  It cut EXCATLY like Ecofilm did.  I cut a small 1"x4" Flowerboxx cutout using delight text and it did a prefect job.  I am going to do a 1/4 of the "circle of stars" and see how it does.