edge

WTB better application tape/paper What should I buy?

Well I've tried standard ApliTape and am less than impressed with the adhesion quality on Avery backer. Before I go wasting any more of my money experimenting. What is a good reasonably priced application tape to use. I'm leaning towards trying a plastic next next time....suggestions?

I use R-Tape, The clear version i use is at-60, and the standard paper type i use is the conform series.

Its much better than transferite...

I tried R-tape,and several others,with various results.Finally found a brand called Poli-tape.It is made in Germany. I buy it in 48 inch x 300 foot rolls,they cut it down any way I want,and it is just $100 or so delivered. I really like it better than any I have used,and I've tried all kinds.

Guest fivestar

I use R-Tape, The clear version i use is at-60, and the standard paper type i use is the conform series.

Its much better than transferite...

I use the exact same types as you do with excellent results.

The only problem with clear tape is that you cannot use the "wet" method when you apply graphics ....well I am sure that you could but you would have to let it sit for a LONG time ..... application Mask ....just spray the back and it will come right off with wet applications

BEARDOWN

diddo on the wet appy with the plastic stuff. wait and wait and wait some more...

i would consider what type of enviroment the appy tape is in... is the area damp or humid??? if so that may be the culprit. I have use some of the most inexpensive tape offered and had great results with it. actually when i order tape i buy the cheapest stuff i can find, but i keep it in a climate controlled room.

the vendor whom you buy from should also keep the product in a climate controlled room to get the full life from the appy tape.

good luck.