vectorize

i am having trouble vectorizing things

i know how to do it i THINK

import image

select image

go to image then mode and set to monochrome

select a threashold of 40-70 then click ok

go to image  then vectorize then clcik ok

delete the orignal image of the top of the vector leaving me with a  cuttable vector

well i have done all of that and it still isnt working hmmmmm

but THANKS TO ALL OF YOU THAT HAVE HELPED ME AND KEN IMES DAMN IT MAN I DONT GET NO SLEEP BUT THANKS A TON THANK YOU  i have cut out over 400 calvin peeing on different things now my eye balls are going crossed eyed  dont go to sleep until around 4am up at 730 - 8am most of the time this is addictive damn it  us cutter needs to put a warning on there boxes caution may cause additiveness

well folks got to go do some more calvin peeing on what ever else there is to pee on THANKS AGAIN THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Im a newbie and can't sleep either..LOL

Where did You find your calvin peeing..if you don't mind me asking.?

Thanks

Im a newbie and can't sleep either..LOL

Where did You find your calvin peeing..if you don't mind me asking.?

Thanks

www.brandsoftheworld.com

jackie welcome to the forum matter of fact i had ken imes do it as i couldnt figure out what i was doing wrong but you can find it at brandontheworld .com

as i ams till learning my self and triing to figure out how to vectorize things im still learning and ken imes is awsome as hell he nows his stuff  along with many many many others on this forum

I would recommend downloading Inkscape(www.inkscape.org) and vectorizing your images with that program versus SBE. SBE isn't bad, but I've gotten better results from Inkscape, and it's super easy to do(1 minute or less).

firemalt i down loaded inkscape but im lost from there what to do next and then how to transfer it over to sign blazer

gosh you all are awsome a wealth of knowledge and be honest with you all im scared to even look at the section of show ur work all i do is get mad because i want to do things like you all do and design but im still crawling  cant wait to i learn enough to feel comfortable

i did little over 700 + of calvin peeing on different things and now im comfortable with doing that and now needing to do some thing else

so many people wanted the calvin guy but  only solf 6 out of the 700+ that people said would buy them and i guess im stuck with them i feel like a total idiot

Sorry to hear that you got burnt like that! You could always try selling them on ebay by the lot(maybe 100 or so). Lesson learned... always get some type of down payment!

As far as learning inkscape... do a search on youtube, I was able to learn a lot of the features the program offers just by following along(doing what the person in the video was doing).

To vectorize and convert to .eps, do a search from the froum homepage, and it should bring up some step by step posts that I put up awhile back.

Here ya go:

To import and image into Inkscape, first open the program, then hold down the "ctrl" button and then press the "i" button. Find the image you're looking for and click on open, or double click on the image. From there, hold down the "shift" button, the "alt" button, and then push the "b" button, this will open the window to vectorize the image.

If it's one color(easiest to convert), use the arrows to adjust the thinkness/darkness of the image, click on the "update" to check the changes. Once you have the image where you want it, click on "okay", and then you have to manually close that box.

Now you have the original image and the new vectorized image on top of each other. Click you mouse somewhere on the screen away from both images to unselect either image. If the original image had a white area, click on that area, and this will select the original image. Either press the delete button, or drag the original away and then delete it... it's no good to you anymore

To save your new vectorized image as a .eps(which is what is needed to cut), go to the top menu and click on "file". Scroll down to "save as", and click. Change the file name to what you love, and find a nice safe place to save it at, and click okay or save, whichever it is(I don't have access to a computer with inkscape right now, so I'm just going off of memory). A few more options pop up, but just keep clicking okay/save.

When you go to close Inkscape, it will ask you if you want to save the image as a .svg(Inkscape's image version)... I typically click on the "continue without saving", but that's completely up to you.

Hope that helps, and hope that's what you were looking for... if not, I just wasted five minutes, lol.

And some links:

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php/topic,6559.0.html

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php/topic,5276.0.html (good thread)