Sign in to follow this  
quvmoh

HELP I am in a pickle refine 721 signblazer serial comunication issues

Middle of a big job, shut down last night no problems. this morning got the dreaded cannot initialize cutter.

tried a new cable and i get the loading to cutter and the status bar loading and no error but cutter does not move.

ran test on cutter and it made a nice little square

XP PROFESSIONAL

checked baud 9600

cutter settings

refine mh721

blazer.com3

direct

baud 9600

data bits 8

parity none

stop bits 1

one thing that changed before this error was that i was trying to cut a much longer sign than what i

have in the past and changed the vinyl size so the cutter would not think i wanted to tile then saved

the setting and named it test

any ideas???

Thanks Chad

check your flow control.My brother had it change for no reason once.

John you got me there, where is the flow control

thanks for replying

I don't currently have the comp with SB set up but it should be in the settings with the Baud rate,com port,etc.

Have you tried changing the com port too? I've had that happen. Try each port.See if one works. I assume you are connected with USB?

Guest fivestar

I'm pretty sure the refine uses a null serial cable, so if you got a new standard serial cable it will not work.

I could be wrong,memory is fuzzy,but with serial cable...your setting should be COM1..I think BlazerCom is what is assigned to the virtual serial port that you use with USB.

Fivestar?

Serial cable and COM3 does not sound right. Usually the Serial port is assigned COM1 or COM2. Double check what your Communications Port in the Device Manager under the Ports category says.

Guest fivestar

Yes comm port 1 or 2 usually 1 is where it should be set at.

Ok i have her running now under the usb but its going to keep me up nights not knowing why, could I have killed my old cable

"always moving machine" and then bought a non null cable?

Inquiring minds need to know :-)

Thanks all

Chad

Ok i have her running now under the usb but its going to keep me up nights not knowing why, could I have killed my old cable

"always moving machine" and then bought a non null cable?

Inquiring minds need to know :-)

Thanks all

Chad

At this point it would be a guess. Maybe something else on the computer conflicting with the Serial port? Not sure. Maybe a Windows update? At least it is working on USB for now.

sometimes if you have EVER had something use the serial port,it takes over com1 and you can't use it for anything else. I have seen it. Check your printers folder and see if an old printer may be still there.

Also, I currently have 4 serial cables that are bad...sometimes they just go bad. I am waiting for one more so I will have enough to make a nice clothes line out of them.

by the by thanks again for all your support this is one of the best forums ever!

also needed some vinyl quick, ordered Sunday and got it today, way to go Uscutter