Sign in to follow this  
RegisG

Turn cutter off or leave power on??

What is reccommended and/or what do you do?  I use my cutter 2 or 3 times a day but, not every day.  It may be an hour or several hours between use.  I'd like to know what is better for the cutter, leaving on entire day if I'm going to use it again (later) or turning it off between use. 

Appreciate advice, especially from anyone having trouble free use for year or more.

Thanks,

Regis

I only turn mine on when I use it. Why leave everything running all the time. BEsides, the fan on the PCut is noisey.

Guest fivestar

In your case I'd turn it off in between uses.  Myself I use mine all day Mon-Sat so I always have mine on during business hrs and turn it off when I leave for the day.

If your not doing a lot of work only turn it on when you need it. It's not a good idea to leave it on overnight. I usually setup my jobs and cut them all at once then shut the cutter off. No need to waste energy these days.

+1 what everyone else has already said. I don't think it's like a desktop computer, as far as being hard on the equipment as startup.