Sign in to follow this  
Beardown

Flexi Problem

OK I am running a graphic and when it is cutting it is going over each cut twice.... Is their a setting that I am missing? I have passes set to 1 ... but no matter what I do it still is running two passes ........

Thanks

Beardown

Guest fivestar

Check and make sure there isn't a hidden layer.  That happens all the time to me when I make a text and use envelope tool and don't convert it to curves in Corel Draw then when I take it to flexi it sometimes cuts the same font 4 times.

Bear

When I imported it into my Flexi,it said"open paths detected..would you like them closed?" I have no idea what that means.

Anyhow,when I went to cut,it was showing 2 layers. You had to select the white layer to cut one,the black for the other. I went back to flexi, selected the graphic,color BLACK only,and there was just one layer to cut.

Don't know if that helps any. You have a different version of Flexi than i do.

Guest fivestar

I am at home now and can't try and cut it, but there's definitely 2 different layers in about 1/3 to 1/2 of the file.  Is this going to be one color?

Yes this is going only to be black......  I really apperciate it Five !

Also banner when I cut them as different colors they only go once like you said .... only problem is I need them in one cut... 

Looks like Beers are on me !

Thanks Again

BEARDOWN !

Bear

when I have it up in flexi,and select it,click on black to make the entire thing black,it cuts in one pass.

One thing I noticed. The way it is vectorized,that inner part of the circle is gonna cut right through the poor dog's nose and I don't see any way around it.I've had that problem before,and yet to have a problem...unless somewhere,in some far off place,the vinyl shrinks a bit.

Yeah I noticed that banner too ..... I am either going a. take the dog out and redraw the circles    or send it back to the company that vectorized it for me ..  ..  but i think i got it ....

i just make it all white ,,, is cutting now ...will be back soon

thanks for everything though

(fingerscrossed)

bear

was the artwork you sent to be vectorized  originally in color?

bear

was the artwork you sent to be vectorized  originally in color?

nope black and white...............I am still waiting for a reply though

Well they dont want to reply to me ! So oh well I got it for free then !!

This is what I did

Rasterized it in flexi , then Beizer ...words were messed up so opened the original and took the words out of it and layered it on to my beizied one Worked great !!

Got to love it !!

Thanks you 2 for your help !! come my way and the beers are on me !!!