Guest rvgraphixs

Buying my airbrush kit today

The airbrush and compressor are what is needed to get started.  Cretex paint and other items you can get anywhere.  I bought Paasche VLP and Paasche compressor (with water trap).  The Eclipse is $72 at Chicago Airbrush.

You might want to read some on http://www.airbrush.com/forums/default.aspx  Lots of helpful people like here and using all kinds of airbrushes.

REgis

You'll be hard pressed to find better then any Iwata equipment. And the BCH is known for there Versatility.

Many seasoned users own and use them and stand by them.

I use a HP-CH, And it is one fine piece of gear. I started off with a VL some years ago, But Iwata have now stolen the market. And for good reason.. They Perform!!

Createx Paints are a bit tricky to use tho... Hell, they're a down right bitch to use for beginners!

But you can use any, And I do mean ANY, water based paint through your Airbrush as a beginner.. Just be sure to clean it out every time after use.

I'm no expert, but I'll answer any questions you may have.

Oh, and while Airbrush.com is in its self a great forum. A great deal of its members are RichPen users.. (Iwata Copies). Iwata seems to be a dirty word over there.

Also, there is a plethora of info on airbrushing at www.cfxpaintworks.com

Createx works fine if your brush has a .5mm tip.  If, and it does happen, Createx thickens due to long shelf sitting, just use Fantastik to thin it out.  Otherwise, any other tip smaller than a .5 might give you some issues.  The smallest tip i would recommend for Createx with out thinning is a .35