Sign in to follow this  
carolinatinter

importing .eps into signblazer

i have had a few files vectorized by friends that were done in flexisign and when they email them back, signblazer wont read them or allow them to open up. the screen just remains blank. it flashes like it loads but  the file isnt anywhere to be found. any and all help will be appreciated

I'm assuming they sent you eps files...were they level 8 eps?

When you import the file which "import mode" do you use? "postscript interpreter" or postscript scanner"?

can you post one of the files or email it to me if you don't want it out in the world?

Well, I don't have Illy or Draw here at work so I'll check those when I get home. I do have paint shop pro here and it will open eps files but not this one. It says the file is not valid or contains unsopported features. Were these created on a Mac?

Opened just fine in Photoshop 7 for me if I were importing into Signblazer I would save it as a bmp or jpg at a resolution of 600 dpi then import that file into Signblazer and vectorize it there, I have had better luck doing that than importing Flexi eps files

I also am having problems with importing EPS files into SignBlazer Elements. Some will show up, some won't, even though I am putting them in the same file and using the exact same steps to import them.  The most recent I am having trouble with was downloaded from a clip art site.  Does it have anything to do with a file being too large?

Thanks.