Guest gracewriter

Post your pic. of your pet!

Guest gracewriter

You already know what mine look like.  I'd really like to see yours!

post-0-12986521293275_thumb.jpg

post-0-1298652130645_thumb.jpg

Guest fivestar

Mine is in my avatar.  He's a pekingese.

I think I have the oddest of them all

I have Triops

triopsfront.jpg

As found in Wikipedia:

Members of the order Notostraca (colloquially referred to as notostracans, called Triops, tadpole shrimp or shield shrimp) are small crustaceans in the class Branchiopoda. Triops have two internal compound eyes and one naupliar eye in-between, a flattened carapace covering its head and leg-bearing segments of the body. The order contains a single family, with only two extant genera. Their external morphology has apparently not changed since the Triassic appearance of Triops cancriformis around 220 million years ago. Triops cancriformis may therefore be the "oldest living animal species on earth." [1] The members of the extinct order Kazacharthra are closely related, having been descended from notostracans.

Whats cool about them?

Well aside from being the oldest living animal species on earth, they have short lives. They only live a couple of days and when they are about to die they lay eggs. They cool thing is that those eggs wont hatch imidiately, they can stay on hold up to for 20 years I think. This is becuse they live in ponds and when they dry the eggs still "Alive", then whn the pond fills again the eggs hatch. Cool huh? Mine are still in the box. I havent put them in water yet, but I will do soon and that is how they will look like.

Joe

Guest fivestar

Joe them things are crazy animals.  Funny how "life" evolves to keep from going extinct.

they wouldn't live long around here. they're interesting tho. ain't no way, i'm not afraid of them, but i don't like it either, bugs i mean. u really have to have a special interest for those my friend.

Mine is in my avatar.  He's a pekingese.

hey five, being that u have a boy dog, does he ever cock and pee in the house. reason i asked every boy dog i tried to keep in the house even with training would try to cock and pee. he's cute tho.

Guest fivestar

Yeah he used too.  Not so much now we got him fixed.  We got a boston terrier that is my daughter's and when he lived here we had them both fixed because they both liked to try and "mark their territory".  Now Gizmo (pekingese) never pees in the house, now I say that, I'm sure he will.  :) :) ;D

Yeah he used too.  Not so much now we got him fixed.  We got a boston terrier that is my daughter's and when he lived here we had them both fixed because they both liked to try and "mark their territory".  Now Gizmo (pekingese) never pees in the house, now I say that, I'm sure he will.  :) :) ;D

hehe, u know somebody else told me the same thing. if u get them fixed they won't do it. what does that have to do with them cocking and pissing. because i would break a leg on them that just takes me over the edge and before i abuse a dog or any animal for that matter i would not deal with them.

I will NEVER own a side shooter again!! Our male isn't fixed and even though (to the best of my knowledge) he no longer pees in the house, he is ripping up my backyard, takes a pee and than tears the grass out kicking afterwards, what's up with THAT??

Jenny

Guest gracewriter

I will NEVER own a side shooter again!! Our male isn't fixed and even though (to the best of my knowledge) he no longer pees in the house, he is ripping up my backyard, takes a pee and than tears the grass out kicking afterwards, what's up with THAT??

Jenny

My husband acts the same way when he hasn't "had any" in a while. :)

Guest gracewriter

"Side shooter" is just too funny.  Still laughing.

Guest gracewriter

I think I have the oddest of them all

I have Triops

triopsfront.jpg

As found in Wikipedia:

Members of the order Notostraca (colloquially referred to as notostracans, called Triops, tadpole shrimp or shield shrimp) are small crustaceans in the class Branchiopoda. Triops have two internal compound eyes and one naupliar eye in-between, a flattened carapace covering its head and leg-bearing segments of the body. The order contains a single family, with only two extant genera. Their external morphology has apparently not changed since the Triassic appearance of Triops cancriformis around 220 million years ago. Triops cancriformis may therefore be the "oldest living animal species on earth." [1] The members of the extinct order Kazacharthra are closely related, having been descended from notostracans.

Whats cool about them?

Well aside from being the oldest living animal species on earth, they have short lives. They only live a couple of days and when they are about to die they lay eggs. They cool thing is that those eggs wont hatch imidiately, they can stay on hold up to for 20 years I think. This is becuse they live in ponds and when they dry the eggs still "Alive", then whn the pond fills again the eggs hatch. Cool huh? Mine are still in the box. I havent put them in water yet, but I will do soon and that is how they will look like.

Joe

So....um....nice pet, Joe.  Hope you don't mind my saying but looks more like pet food. :)

Grace, I can't think of any other way to explain male dogs but 'side shooters'  :)

Guest gracewriter

I'll never again look at my little Yorkie the same way.  Although he's more of a front shooter right now.

I know it's funny, when they are pups they squat to pee and than something takes over and they lift that darn leg!!!  :)  and pee on EVERYTHING that is standing....fence posts, bbq grill, trees oh yeah and even on  tall weeds if it's in the yard before mowing!!!  :)

I have one male out of four dogs. He lifts his leg, but doesn't pee on anything vertical. He only hits grass. The problem that we have is trying to get him to exercise a bit more patience while the "girls" are doing their business. As soon as he sees any of the girls squatting, he immediately runs to them and I swear if they don't just finish up in time, he'd pee right on them (all three are smaller than him).

He was never a humper before or after getting "fixed", however, after getting a new bed well over a few years of him getting fixed, we found that he was just waiting for the right "girlfriend".

Moderators, if you find that the video is grounds for moving this thread to the Mature section, I would much prefer that the video link simply be removed and that this thread remain in the Off Topic section.  :thumbsup:

Guest fivestar
:thumbsup:;D ;D He's just having fun.

omg, that is too funny! LMAO, that dog looks just like my boy i have outside. what's strange is my older girl dog, does that same mess. my kids now grown always called her a les. hehe. if u had any teddybears and they hit the floor, and u heard noises, daisy had it going to town just like that.

hehe, my oldest granddaughter now 8 had a barney and omg daisy got it was going to town with it.

the child never touch or watched barney again.

Guest kenya

Here's one of my kids......

I have her, a basset hound, 3 cats & 2 horses.

Can't post them all at once-lol.

post-0-12986521295226_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986521306618_thumb.jpg

Guest kenya

Here are the boys.....

everyone here is spoiled- :thumbsup:

post-0-12986521296781_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986521306932_thumb.jpg

Here's one of my kids......

I have her, a basset hound, 3 cats & 2 horses.

Can't post them all at once-lol.

Ooo, an African Grey. One of the best mimic birds on the planet.