FrankV702

Pcut responding a little, but not cutting at all!

Hi all, My name is Frank and I recently bought a Pcut 630.. I've had it for about 2 weeks and just had the time to try to set it up recently. It's connected via USB and I'm using Signblazer Elements for US cutter. I've tried cutting vinyl but with no success. The problem I'm having is the exact problem this person is having in this thread:

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php/topic,5950.0.html

The Pcut responds the very first time I open up Signblazer by feeding about 6" of vinyl into the machine when I hit the "cut tile" button, it then outlines the selected file in blue and loads a status bar that says "sending output to cutter". The cutter does absolutely nothing at this point. Does this sound like a communication problem or is there anything else that it can be in the settings? I've tried switching the cutter to the Creation Pcut 630 option instead of the CTE630 HPGL option with no luck. Below are screen shots of my settings. Any help is appreciated! Thanks in advance and sorry for the repeated question, I'm completly new to vinyl cutting and have spent the last few hours reading and searching on this forum for a possible solution with no success.

post-2696-12986521246888_thumb.jpg

post-2696-12986521247999_thumb.jpg

post-2696-12986521248727_thumb.jpg

post-2696-12986521258918_thumb.jpg

post-2696-12986521259461_thumb.jpg

post-2696-12986521260006_thumb.jpg

If i'm correct u r connected via usb? do u have a serial port on ur cutter and computer?

I'm connected with a USB.. Unfortunately, my computer doesn't have a serial port. Would the USB connection be giving me these problems? I'm using Windows XP home edition. Thanks for the quick response and the welcome!

Ah, I didn't notice that! Okay, I changed it to NONE and still nothing. So, you guys think this is a USB problem?

Unplug the USB cable from the computer, then plug it in to a different USB port on the computer. Power cycle the cutter, change the OutPut Devce to the new COM port #, then try again. Shoot me a PM with your phone number if it still is having an issue. Yes, you could also try another USB cable.

Okay, I tried switching the USB ports and cycling the power on my unit and still nothing. Tried swapping out USB cables, still nothing. For some reason now though, when I hit the "cut tile" button, it freezes up Sign Blazer and shuts it down.

kenimes, PM sent! Thanks again!

So.. Anyone have anymore suggestions they can give me to try and get this thing going?? Thanks!

So.. Anyone have anymore suggestions they can give me to try and get this thing going?? Thanks!

If you sent me a PM with your phone number, I will try and get ahold of you today.