Sign in to follow this  
DaveS

Pulled the Trigger

After 3 weeks of reading and reading and rea.... You get the idea :huh:  I finally got fed up with trying

to win one on Ebay and just bought it outright.

I really hope I made the right choice, it was between the MH721 or the LP. Guess I'll know before too long.

I read somewhere that someone had theirs on a 100ft. (I think) serial cable, is there any problems with doing this? as my computer is in one room and I need the cutter in another because of noise issues. And is serial the best way to connect?

Can't hardly wait(So tell them to hurry Ken ok?) :huh:

Dave

Guest fivestar

You made a good decision, as for the noise, they're not THAT loud.  Unless you are in a library or have a baby sleeping next to it.

Good purchase  :)

I tried for a while to setup a USB connection - in the end I got annoyed, so went with the standard method of serial.  It works just fine with no problems at all now.  Trying to follow those instructions it came with....bleh.  And I agree with fivestar - it's honestly NOT that loud.  I found with my first vinyl cut, I left the speed at 350mm/sec and changed to force to 110g and it was just fine.  Just gotta make sure the blade only sticks out a little bit or it'll go straight through the paper  :)

Max serial cable length - @ 19200 baud = 50 feet.  However, running it at 9600 baud, you can push this to 500 feet...more than enough for your requirements  ;D

RS232 information: http://www.lammertbies.nl/comm/info/RS-232_specs.html

After 3 weeks of reading and reading and rea.... You get the idea :)  I finally got fed up with trying

to win one on Ebay and just bought it outright.

I really hope I made the right choice, it was between the MH721 or the LP. Guess I'll know before too long.

I read somewhere that someone had theirs on a 100ft. (I think) serial cable, is there any problems with doing this? as my computer is in one room and I need the cutter in another because of noise issues. And is serial the best way to connect?

Can't hardly wait(So tell them to hurry Ken ok?) :)

Dave

Shipping has got alot better now that we have some more hands on deck. The goal now is to ship everything within 24 hours.

:)

Dion:  Thanks for the info, now working on trying to wrap my brain on all the other info like SignBlazer and

Inkscape :thumbsup:

Ken:  I agree cause I see mine is already in transit should be here Thursday  ;D

I'm sure I'll be back with ALOT more questions lol

Thanks Again, Dave

DaveS.. which one did you get?.. im new here ;D

nice name..

Dave ;D

I'm pretty sure he got the refine.  ;D

Welcome to the site, both of y'all.

I have a pcut, but I'm waiting for my recently purchased refine to show up soon... looking forward to comparing it to the pcut!

Yes I got the Refine MH721  and let me tell you, this thing is awesome ;D ;D

Had a few connection issues(still have one of them, but with my comp not the cutter)

First week at work and I've come close to paying for it already :lol:

It's just taking time to learn all the ins and outs of both the cutter and SignBlazer, I do have a few mistakes in the scrap box (but not alot)

My girlfriend has taken over all the weeding and taping so I cant complain there, she does have a issue of taking all the weeded areas and trying to assemble them back on a backing paper though. Can't complain after all it's cheap labor ;D

I really need to get my pricing more stable and when I do I think it will all be easier.

gm2k8:  Yep  Liked it so much gave it to my son :lol:

firemalt: Thanks I've probally read about every post you have written

(and I will comment about the first pic you posted of you)  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Guest fivestar

1838 now.  :lol: :laugh: :lol: Post whore. 

Congrats, welcome & all that good stuff. 

I just got my 721 this week & minus a few issues (that people on this forum helped me get thru)... I am loving the cutter!

I do not personally think it's all that noisy... although it's far from quiet.  You know what I mean?

Naw  I think I'm at about 1501 of them.  :lol:

You know though, its not hard not to read one of your posts,

cause you seem to always have some good info to add to the subject.

Thanks again to Everyone.,

DaveS

Naw  I think I'm at about 1501 of them.  :lol:

You know though, its not hard not to read one of your posts,

cause you seem to always have some good info to add to the subject.

Thanks again to Everyone.,

DaveS

Ha... wait until you read the last 300!!!  :thumbsup: