Sign in to follow this  
repodon

makeing decals question

i figured out how to make my own stencils with the vinyl but not understanding what im doing wrong here

i have even tried looking at the utube  of appling vinyl and evbery thign ut i guess utube is not working or some thing

what i am tring to do is once i have sent the word to the cutter and it cuts it i have seen where all you have to do is lift one corner of the vinyl off the backing and aplply it to the window or what have you but when i do this the name is staying on the backing and this is not what i am wanting i am wanting to apply the whole thing and then take the wast off and elave the word of what i have cut example say chevy i cut i am wanting to lay it on the window or what have you and remove the wast instead of putting the word chevy one peice at a time is this possible ive seen it done before but i cant not figure it out

utube is not working for me no some of my friends even has tried 

What you need is some transfer tape. Paper tape works good for single color and wet application. Clear tape works great for multiple colors.

Weed the design out, and toss what you don't need.  Keep the important stuff.

Then you put the sticky transfer tape on top of your weeded out vinyl. 

When you are ready to apply, peel the design off the backer.

Apply dry (or wet) if it is large to the surface of your choice.  Press it down real hard, then slowly peel the transfer tape away from the design.  Voila!  All done. 

There are lots of vids online if you can get them to play, they are very helpful.

I hope this helped a little  :huh:

thanks alot polarkiss i will most diffently do this thanks so very much as stated before i triied looking on utube but i see vedios but for some reason it wont work open or play for me thank you so very much

can i use masking for this or do i have to have trasfer tape or what

the reason i am asking is i bought a crap load of vinyl with masking the lady said i would need i showed her what the decal looked like with every thing and she said i would need masking but im not sure she knows what shes talking about since she is there to make money and screw me just my opinion

Guest fivestar

I would say what you got was in fact transfer tape.  Paper transfer tape looks almost identical to masking tape, just normally alot wider.  Transfer tape is not near as sticky as masking tape, don't ever use regular masking tape to transfer or you will have a mess.

Guest fivestar

Here is a pic I pulled off ebay to show you what transfer tape looks like.

post-0-12986521194641_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986521207089_thumb.jpg

Tape aside, the utube vids I've been watching are a good guide for beginners but I have many issues with them. Mostly being too quick and sloppy. Most of the problems shown are caused by this. I really had to laugh when the narration didn't match the vid. fiverstar and others are trying to help but you need to do some serious research to learn the basics. Take your time, we'll help all we can.

thanks to all  thank you all so very much and five star yes the taller one looks just like it the one i bought

the sticky side isnt all that sticky but has a dinchy look to it

i have been triing to access utube but for some reason no one i know can even pull any vids up they see the box where it says click here but nothing comes up execpt for some other page with some mess they are talking about but i will get ahold of my computer tech monday and ask him to look at my computer and my friends all of there computer to see why utube isnt working on mine and there computers

i got a big order which is 3 seperate orders he is wanting to see some samples of what they look like when i am done so i had to go buy the vinyl with out me even knowing what i was doing but i know the some what of the basics from watching the video of what terry put up with the 3 or 4 layering

thank you all so very very much