Sign in to follow this  
RAINFIRE

Need Tips for 110# Xerox Card Stock Cutting - Speed and Pressure Settings?

Need Tips for 110# Xerox Card Stock Cutting - Speed and Pressure for stencils? - I'm currently using the USCutter Laserpoint 24" with the included SignBlazer.

1. Speed and Pressure

I'm trying to figure out the best speed and pressure without it ripping the card stock when cutting. Can anyone offer any suggestions?

2. I'm think I need to do two passes with SignBlazer. How do I set SignBlazer to return to the original home (not advance to next page), so that I can make a second pass. I think this may be the trick I need?

Any thoughts/tips?

2.  When you are at your origin before your first cut, make a dot where the laserpoint is.  On the second cut, just align it back to the point and re-origin it.  Might take a few trys to get it dead precise..

Someone else would be better suited to the first question, although I would definitely slow the speed down to 30 or so, then adjust from there.

I saw a post a long time ago where someone bought a thin cutting surface and used temporary adhesive. Then you could cut all the way through the cardstock without worrying about ripping it. I saw some place mats at the dollar store I thought would work well for this. I just never found the temporary adhesive in a spray can.

Check out Michael's, Hobby Lobby, even Home Depot/Lowe's or your local embroidery/sewing store.  They all sell temporary spray adhesive.

Some of it is temp/perm depending on how you apply it.

Tom