Sign in to follow this  
KrunkuliticusIII

ahhhh not "waiting" in the middle of the cut again!!!!!

have simple text i'm cutting out and just like five lines for a magnetic strip for my buddy's car. I've seen this before too, i'll tell it to cut and it will do like half the job and then go to waiting and nothing but a waste for good vinyl. I'd really hate to break it up and cut line by line ugh. i increased the baud rate on both pc and cutter and again it does cut but just stops and goes to waiting. The blade carriage is not on any of the red buttons and i've had this happen before on a job that couldnt be split up. Any further suggestions??? its really getting to me

Hi,

The exact same thing just happened to me also except mine is now totally unresponsive! LCD says "online", but nothing happens.

double check ur baud and com settings, make sure they match. otherwise in ur cutting software it will looks as though its cutting but the cutter will just show online with no action.

Maybe your USB cable is getting disconnected during the cut. I had the same problem when the sauldering on my cable was getting loose...it wouldn't stay connected throughout the whole cut. My husband had to hold it steady if I wanted an uninterrupted cut.

:huh:

HOT DANG!!! All it was is a bad serial cable! Found one in my junk box and it's plotting away!!!!! Being new to all of this I just want to thank everyone in these forums. I've been reading like mad for a couple of weeks, (especially the link for setting the blade depth), and these forums have been a wealth of information. Thanks again!

Bunk serial cable? Some things never cease to amaze me.

Glad to hear you got it going.    :huh: