Sign in to follow this  
angel920

Help! PCUT 630 just says WAITING every time I send something for it to cut!

I have been looking at all of the posts, so I know that I have the correct COM port and I am connected now by the serial cable.  I've also tried USB with no change in the results.  I am using Signcut software (which tends to freeze) on a computer running Vista with 1407MB of Ram.  Whenever I send something to the cutter and Signcut doesn't freeze up, the blade slides all the way over to the right side (if you are facing the machine) and hits the red button.  Then it says WAITING forever and never does anything else.  I have been working on this for two days!  I appreciate any help you can give. 

Also, is there a different driver that you need for using the serial cable rather than the USB cable?  I only got a driver for the USB.  Thanks!

if anything hits the red button the job will stop, infact i am having the same waiting issue and your post about the red button just reminded me to check that hahahaha. Also are your setting the cutters begining point by taking it offline first?

I am EXTREMELY new at this, so how do I set the cutters beginning point?  I do know how to take it offline and I get the XY info.  Thanks!

I am EXTREMELY new at this, so how do I set the cutters beginning point?  I do know how to take it offline and I get the XY info.  Thanks!

Once you get to the x and y screen, use the arrows to move the carriage or the material, and when you get it to where you want it to start cutting on the material, press the button in the middle of the arrows to zero out the x and y, and that will be your new starting point.

Thanks for responding.  I tried that and the carriage did move, but it didn't change anything with my cutting problem.  Also, I've double checked the BAUD rate and it is 9600 on both the cutter and the Signcut software.  Any more advice? 

Go to Settings, then Cutter- or just click on the Cutter button. Click Calibrate Cutter, then make sure the values are 11.811 for both and click OK. If they are anything else, that could be the problem.

No OS driver needed for the serial connection itself but what driver are you using in SignCut? I only could get Pcut DMPL drivers to work not HPGL. I don't have SignCut so I needed to ask.

Thanks for responding.  I tried that and the carriage did move, but it didn't change anything with my cutting problem.  Also, I've double checked the BAUD rate and it is 9600 on both the cutter and the Signcut software.  Any more advice? 

Might be a hardware problem with the cutter. Would you feel comfortable replacing a part?