Sign in to follow this  
UPTOWN

Am I looking for the right set up?

First off I want to express how cool it is to find a forum for UScutter. This pretty much sealed the deal for me. I've seen alot of the cutters on ebay but didn't really know which one to go w/ and this forum is so helpful and the fact that Marcel and staff post on here really gave me the confidence to go ahead w/ the purchase.

I tallied up the costs of all my decal'ing for my car stuff, jokes, computer, etc etc and decided to just purchase the unit myself so I can play around w/ it more to do more unique personalized decals w/o wasting somebodies time at the kiosks. From my brief research it seems the Copam 2500 is the way to go for my needs. I understand it will come w/ the signcut program but upon researching i saw another program aimed directly for the Copam - US PlotterCopam Software - Sign tools 3.

is this an upgraded program? more capabilities more involved? Would I even need this for simple 1 color vinyl decals? Is there a package price for the program w/ the machine?

Guest fivestar

I've only known US Cutter to offer Signcut, not Sign Tools with their cutters, but I have been wrong before.  BTW, welcome to the forum and I seriously doubt you will be disappointed with your purchase.

Welcome to the boards ..... I too only thoughtthat they offer Signcut ...... Umm you can also go to download.com and get Inkscape to help you out

Welcome

Beardown !

Here is the link I found of the program on ebay. I take it this is a non necessity?

http://cgi.ebay.com/US-PLOTTER-COPAM-SOFTWARE-Sign-Tools-3-Corel-Vinyl_W0QQitemZ120111913684QQihZ002QQcategoryZ26245QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

FOR 'US' BRAND PLOTTERS & COPAM BRAND PLOTTER CUTTERS

(click for a list)

NEW! SignTools 3.23 Special Edition Software for CorelDRAW versions 7 thru X3

Sign Design & Sign Plotter Cutting Software

- VINYL CUTTING, SCAN & DESIGN SOFTWARE

- BRAND NEW VERSION "SPECIAL EDITION" for CorelDRAW 12 & X3

-  OVER 250 PLOTTERS SUPPORTED !

Guest fivestar

That guy has nothing to do with US Cutter that I am aware of.  Sign Tools is completely seperate from US Cutter, but would work with Copam and probably US Cutter Refine plotters.  Actually if you purchased that software it looks like you would need corel draw 12 or x3.  Sign Cut and Inkscape will do the job for you and it comes free with purchase of a US Cutter plotter but there are better out there, I personally use Flexisign.  Hope this helps.

What the deal is is that they sell software and not cutters.So,they put the HOTTEST selling cutters on ebay in their title listing to push the software.I have never used signtools,but I know that if you follow the fourm here,you can use signcut,which is bundles with the copams and uscutters.If I were going to buy software that was not bundled with the cutters,I would buy a starter edition of Flexisign or Winpcsign.They are both very user freindly and a lot cheaper than the software at the link you show.Jm2c.

Yes, we still only bundle SignCut with our cutters, and Inkscape is a freeware graphics program that works great.