Sign in to follow this  
Print Star

wet app

Guest fivestar

Is it paper tape?  If not then it will give you fits.  If it is after you applied the graphic and finished squeegeeing it, spray your tape down and rub your hand over it for a minute or so, walk away for about 2 minutes and come back and it should peel like butter.

Is it paper tape?  If not then it will give you fits.  If it is after you applied the graphic and finished squeegeeing it, spray your tape down and rub your hand over it for a minute or so, walk away for about 2 minutes and come back and it should peel like butter.

its paper tape and I have tried spraying the back of the tape and it still wants to pull up. Maybe I am not letting it sit long enough after wetting the back of the tape. Just a little impatient ya know! I will wait at least a couple of minutes next time. Thanks

Do you use homemade or store bought solution. I am using the recipe bannerjohn put up.

Guest fivestar

I use a very special brew, shhhh don't tell anyone, it is called straight water.  :o I've tried homemade brews and store bought stuff and water works best for me.  Let the transfer tape dry after you have sprayed it.  Also sounds like you may have too much dishsoap in your "brew".

sometimes you DO have to wait a bit.

I have never had any success with plain water...I don't get full coverage,it wants to bead up.

When you are pulling off the app tape, are you pulling towards or are you pulling back against the app tape itself?(basically folding the app tape over to the sticky side is facing upwards.

This makes a huge difference.

I have been thinking that it may have something to do with the surface I am putting it on. I have been doing it on newly painted plywood. Acrylic latex paint that has been dried for only about 12 hrs. I am going to try it on something else to see if that has anything to do with it.

You may want to see if letting the paint set for 72 to 96 hour would help.

And if it does... it is surely to continue to stick if you ever need to remove the vinyl.

I have not tried wet app on anything else yet but the surface sure sounds like the problem. Thanks for the help! :thumbsup: