Well I don't know if anybody noticed that i've been gone for few days and just now got a computer to use . on friday afternoon our bbq caught our covered pource on fire which caught the house on fire. so we now have no house for a several months. and it doesn't look like the vinyl cutter made it. It didn't help that the morning after the fire started again around 5am.  which pretty much finished off most of what was saved the night before. so anyone want to donate to the new vinyl cutter fund.  oh ya and I got some minor 2nd degree burns on my left wrist/arm but luckily there is no pain at all. good thing was that my wifes 92 year old grandmother and my 2 1/2 and 18 month old daughters made it out the house alright. but we lost our 2 cats.  well thats enough for now.

Paypal - thunderbirdredneck@hotmail.com

dude - so sorry to hear that. that's got to be super, super rough. and the fact that the fire started up again. yikes. at least everyone made it out of the fire, sorry to hear about the cats though. they're family too and that's got to suck badly.

i'm not rich by any means, but i'm willing to kick in a few bucks towards a cutter fund for you. PM me your PayPal ID.

oh mustang, i'm so sorry. i hope everything works out for u and ur family. although it might look grim,

it's just a blessing that u all r ok.

Ya I'm rally glad eveyone made it out ok. If only the cats could of made it. I'm just glad that my daughters are too young for it to really effect them.

Glad to hear that you and your family made it out alright.

I have seen this happen many times being in the fire service, and I am sure firemalt and ff-extreme have too. :o

Look at the bright side, maybe you can get a bigger cutter now. :o

Hey sorry to read that  :'(

Im glad you are all ok, which is the most important thing. Anything else is just material.

Glad to have you back.

Good luck.

Joe

So sorry to hear about the lose of your house. Most people don't have a clue of what is taken away from a family that is trying to recover from a house fire that has taken all their belongings. From family pictures to a pair of socks, and everything in between. Add to the fact, that you have to relocate the family, and it makes it that much more of a stressful situation.

I wish you the best in luck for a speedy recovery back to your family's normal life style!

Rekindles are never a good reflection on any fire dept. I would recommend talking to an officer/investagator within the dept. that was on scene, and find out why this happened. Just curious... is you local FD strictly volunteer, paid, or combibation?

Guest gracewriter

I'm so sorry to hear you lost your home.  Very sad about the cats.  I can't imagine how hard that must be.

God bless

So sorry to hear about the lose of your house. Most people don't have a clue of what is taken away from a family that is trying to recover from a house fire that has taken all their belongings. From family pictures to a pair of socks, and everything in between. Add to the fact, that you have to relocate the family, and it makes it that much more of a stressful situation.

I wish you the best in luck for a speedy recovery back to your family's normal life style!

Rekindles are never a good reflection on any fire dept. I would recommend talking to an officer/investagator within the dept. that was on scene, and find out why this happened. Just curious... is you local FD strictly volunteer, paid, or combibation?

I think they are strictly volunteer

OMG!  I'm just glad most of you made it out safely, sorry to hear about your cats.

I guess it's times like this that make you realize the most important things in life are NOT material.

Hope you all can rebuild your home soon.

Jenny

well finally somethings starting to move forward. Was told the restoration company was suposed to start today. So we`ll see how much of our unburned stuff they can save.

Guest kenya

Sorry for your loss.

You can always rebuild, but the lost of a pet is very hard.

Stay strong.

Very sorry to hear of your loss, It's a long process to get the family resettled. I think the worst part of a house fire like this is the lost of family pictures. after everything is settled contact other family members and see who has pictures of the kids and such and get copies made. Rekindle is never a good thing and it does reflect on the leadership of the fire co. It's worth the extra work to make sure another trip to the house doesn't happen. Stay Strong

Well insurance is gonna start getting things moving. Restoration campany started taking stuff out of the house today. But sounds like it could take up to 5 months before we have a new house.  insurance said they will put us up in a rental but now we have to find one and 4 bedroom or large 3 bedroom is hard to find only ones we have found so far aren't available till sep-nov.  pretty much all of our photos were on a removable hard drive which i saved before the rekindle

Geez that is horrible.  It's scary how fast a person/families lives can change.  I hope your family can find a rental home real soon.

my deepest sympathies to you and yours. very sorry to hear about the cats. we have 7 of our own, 4 indoor/outdoor and three outdoor only. we have extremely strong bonds with our indoor kitties. i worked for almost a year doing insurance repair to homes. i don't have to tell you what kind of grief you struggle with when something like this happens. i had to quit that job because i couldn't deal with the homeowners. it was extremely stressful. i wouldn't wish this kind of loss on my worst enemy (not that i have any enemies).

bb

please let me know if i overstep my the boundary here, but do the investigators know what the cause of the fire is?

so not only did you lose all your personal/sentimental items, but your cutting stuff and all of your gaming systems. ouch.

I sent what I could. Hope that little bit helps. Glad to hear that insurance is stepping in pretty quickly.