routesmith

sign substrait

HI all,

This may sound like a dumb question, but, what is the best sign substrait for outdoors. We are going to mount it to a piece of wood. There will be 2 signs back to back separated by the wood...

sign is no lighted

I am using reflective vinyl

signs are 48" x 26"

I bought 2 big pieces of coroplast this morning but figured that I better consult with the collective before I cut.. :)

thanks

Wayne

Why not put a post on each side, and just apply vinyl to both sides on one piece of coroplast?

Why not put a post on each side, and just apply vinyl to both sides on one piece of coroplast?

I actually bought coroplast, but wasnt 100% sure it would stand up to the elements over the upcoming years... You think its ok??

Wayne

Coroplast will hold up for a long time, bu tif/when it starts to fade it's cheep to replace!

I'm a little late chiming in on this, but oh well. I made a big 4' by 8' plywood sign, with 4mm coroplast stapled to the sides. About a week later, those big flooding storms came through central illinois. We had some high winds. The day after the high winds I went to check to see if the sign was still there. The plywood snapped in half, and there was no remains of coroplast anywhere. I searched about a 2 mile radius of the house. Nothing.

Anyways. When making this big of a sign again, I'll probably at least go with the 10mm coroplast.

I would check out Alumalite cuts with a plywood blade comes in about 12 colors with matching edges .... Basically coroplast bonded with alum. face sheets or check out Dibond or Omega-bond Poly core with alum. faces also in colors. These substrates are stiffer than coroplast and last longer (I read somewhere they were warantied up to 10 yrs )

I just did an alumalite sign the other day for the first time. good stuff.