dbtoutfit

Digital Printed Vinyl Graphics. (using home desktop printer)

I've been researching this for a while, read the entire thread. 

I plan on doing small runs of relatively small stickers 2"x2" to letter size at max.

-I'm thinking of going the Epson WF route, seems fairly cost effective.

-I'll probably use Frogjuice, since I'm horrible with application

What I don't see anywhere here is a cost analysis. I know it is difficult because each sticker has a different balance of each color, but I'd like to see something like.... THE epson wf30, printing full page rainbows(equal amounts of all colors) comes out to xxcents per letter sized sheet.

I swear I've seen this kind of breakdown before on consumer photo printers. Any thoughts?

Looking at the waterproof permanent white vinyl at papilio, at qty of 100 (8.5x11) it is 72 cents per sheet

combine that with this review of the epson workforce c40... which states 19.3 cents per page full color (down to 15.6 with the high yield cartridge)

"Unfortunately, the WorkForce 40's ink costs  are high. At the time of our review, the $17, standard-size black cartridge lasted 230 pages, or an outrageous 7.4 cents per page. Each color (cyan, magenta, yellow) cost $12.34 and lasted 310 pages, or nearly 4 cents per page--making a four-color page cost 19.3 cents."

that leaves us with 91.3 cents per full color page of vinyl (72+19.3). Sound about right? Add UV coating to that as well I guess.

go to cobraink.com get his refillable carts, or better yet buy a wf1100 from him with the cis already installed and your ink cost will be much much less.

@boosted,

Thanks! I might buy one from them just to avoid having to get all the stuff.

Anyone else back up this company?

I got the WF 1100 2 weeks ago and printing beautifully!!!!recommend big time. :huh: ???

Guest debogus

The 1100 is on sale at office depot  for 129 until this saturday .Also at staples next week  ,starting sunday, for the same price

Guest debogus

"this picture was print on oracal 631m-010 vinyl using epson printer"

Pictures not posting .

So your printing on matte white oracal ? With Stock inks ?

What else is in your process ? Sealing method used ?

Sealing method used ?

regular matte finish :Krylon Crystal Clear Acrylic Spray Gloss  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

So one whom wanted to get into this would need what?

Epson 1100?

What kind of ink?

Do I need the CIS System?

What Vinyl is needed?

Can the printable adhesive inkjet vinyl be used to wrap the top of a laptop and if so would you have to use a laminate on it or would it be ok without it? 

Thank you!!!!  :thumbsup:

Guest debogus

aguilar can you post more pictures?

Laminate is advised.

But try it first on your own laptop.

Paco

Been using a CIS wf30. Seems to work ok, but I'm still lusting after a solvent printer. Its really the texture of the papillo vinyl sheets that I don't like that much.

heres my noob question....can you print on any vinyl or is there certain vinyls just for printing decals? i have a 1100 and want to try this what will i need?

Only on coated vinyl to keep the ink from bleeding and smearing.

Paco

ANY SUGGESTIONS ON WHAT COATED VINYL TO USE AND WHERE TO GET IT? THANKS

I have had great luck with papilio waterproof vinyl and have been printing it with pigment ink from my cobra epson 1100 printer and then spraying them with Aerosol UV Laminate Spray 12 Oz .

http://texascraft.com/hps/

IMG_3450.jpg

IMG_3430.jpg

IMG_3634.jpg

IMG_3633.jpg

I have had great luck with papilio waterproof vinyl and have been printing it with pigment ink from my cobra epson 1100 printer and then spraying them with Aerosol UV Laminate Spray 12 Oz .

IMG_3450.jpg

IMG_3430.jpg

IMG_3634.jpg

IMG_3633.jpg

What cutter do you have?

IMG_3450.jpg

IMG_3430.jpg

IMG_3634.jpg

IMG_3633.jpg

Hey Bill, love what you did with the water-hunter graphic!

Yeah, the 1100 with Cobra Ink System is brilliant...that's what I plan to get as well. I've just ordered the Papilio Waterproof vinyl and hoping it does well outside with some lam-spray. I find the vinyl+laminate sheet to be way too hard to cut. How well does the waterproof vinyl cut...can you cut that with the same settings as regular vinyl?

I even linked Cobra Ink Systems on my Facebook. :) Good advice here.

Dan

How do you print large prints with the epson w1100? like tile cutting with a vinyl potter (30"x 110"). Is there any software designed for large printing that is needed? Thanks for your help.

Nice decals man. Did you just use regular ink? that you buy from the store? Also how did you cut the design shape out to put it on the window?